Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsA2B2014
Beginner September 2014

Macaron Tower?

MrsA2B2014, 28 May, 2013 at 18:35 Posted on Planning 0 6

I'm obsessed with these at the moment and as OH doesn't eat chocolate cake (boooo!!) and can't eat fresh cream this is something we're considering for our English reception.

They're not as pricey as I'd imagined, a company I've found will do them for £1.50 per macaron. Keep hearing about people buying wedding cakes and them going to waste and these are the perfect mouthful so shouldn't have too much wastage. And, they look fantastic! Has anyone had them/considered one?

6 replies

Latest activity by MrsA2B2014, 28 May, 2013 at 20:20
  • havecreditwillwed
    Beginner August 2013
    havecreditwillwed ·
    • Hide content

This is completely awesome and very on trend! I love it!

It reminds me of the thing that the french have - I cannot remember the name but someone on here will do - its like a tower of profiteroles drenched in like a spun sugar type of thing. Lush-o-rama.

Get it!

• MrsA2B2014
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsA2B2014 ·
    • Hide content

A croquembouche? We're having that at our actual wedding, they don't have proper wedding cakes in Italy apparently so it was that or a fruit tart - took the fancy over the normal any day!

I am seriously in love, pinterest is going in to over drive at the moment!!

• vintagedreams
    Beginner August 2013
    vintagedreams ·
    • Hide content

Macaroons are so right at any time, for any occasion! yum yum yum!

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

These are quite cool to have, Agnes de Sucre are worth a look too. Don't know their prices but very professional x

https://www.angesdesucre.com/

• MrsA2B2014
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsA2B2014 ·
    • Hide content

Ah Chris, Agnes Du Sucre is the company that charge £1.50 per macaron, which sounds like a bargain because their macarons look amazing. They charge for the stand etc and a deposit and can fit 300, but we probably won't need that many.

Now I've seen the prices, it's definitely doable, I was expecting to be quoted ridiculous amounts.

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

Cool, I met Reshmi from Agnes at a wedding I did last year, she does a really good job on them and was supplying them for a friend.

There were Macarons everywhere and they were really good.

• MrsA2B2014
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsA2B2014 ·
    • Hide content

Ohh, good to hear! I've sent an email, hoping there'll be tasting involved!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics