Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsHertfordshire
Beginner September 2014

Mad but - Jack Russell Cake Topper - Help Please

MrsHertfordshire , 2 of July of 2014 at 21:55 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hello all,

Ok bear with me

I'm getting married on 6th Setember and as of yet have no cake but going to M & S so know it should come in time. But I think the reason we are dragging feet is because not really bothered about what bride and groom cake topper looks like but we have our little Jack Russell and he is our "dog son"

He can't attend on the day obviously too lively, but we really want to capture him, already bringing a life style toy for photos outside the church for photos my dad is going to superimpose him afterwards (that's how serious we are) but we are yet to find anyone that could do a bride and groom with Jack Russell Terrier cake topper this late in the day and that good - slightly worried now.

Have any of you ever seen decent pet toppers or have any other suggestions - I know I sound mad so please be kind xx

8 replies

Latest activity by MrsHertfordshire , 17 of July of 2014 at 17:34
  • M
    Beginner July 2015
    MrsB2015 ·
    • Hide content

We're having a bride, groom, cat and dog on our cake! Our cake maker is doing them for us. Maybe you could ask a local cake maker to make one xx

• RizzieRazzle
    Beginner August 2014
    RizzieRazzle ·
    • Hide content

Any of these any good to you?

https://www.etsy.com/uk/search?q=jack%20russell%20cake%20topper

• DeeBee33
    Dedicated November 2014
    DeeBee33 ·
    • Hide content

Not mad at all! Our dogs (including my Jack Russell / Chihuahua cross have taken over our day, and they will be there too! The lady I share an office with is doing our cake topper, based on our wedding invite artwork (done by my sister).

Oh and our dogs sent the invitations too, and are getting all the RSVPs! - Miss Lily Rose Balsdon and Mr Barney Andrew Moore request the pleasure of the company of -insert guest name- to celebrate the marriage of their Mummy and Mama! True story!

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

I think its a lovely idea? as others have said ask your cake maker.

• yorkshirekiwi
    Beginner August 2014
    yorkshirekiwi ·
    • Hide content

If you think a Jack Russell is nuts, try finding a Kunekune pig!! my OH desperately wanted our pet pig to be a bridesmaid, but obviously she can't travel. i commissioned a topper from this seller on Esty: https://www.etsy.com/nz/shop/CherryRedToppers

I sent her a few photos of Poppy, and the finished result was a brilliant likeness of her, she really captured all of her markings and facial expression. it's a surprise for my OH, I can't wait for him to see it.

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

Although not a topper this was a motief that ran around the base of a cake ( grey hounds)

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

I don't think the OP has a cake maker- the post mentions an M&S cake.

We have some custom B&G toppers from Tiddys Tops- which are wonderful and very reasonable in price. I know that she also does animals

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tiddys-Tops/604559896291907?fref=ts

http://www.tiddystops.co.uk/

I think custom might be your best bet if you'd like to get a true likeness Smiley smile

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

There are loads of topper makers on Etsy - Quernus Crafts does custom designs but not sure how much notice she needs.

• MrsHertfordshire
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsHertfordshire ·
    • Hide content

ANOTHER UPDATE - sorry guys been gone a while am catching up now.

Thanks for all your advice I googled more to get better idea of price and started asking around at work and found a lovely recommendation called Tracey's Cakes and I have scrapped the M&S idea and gone all in with her.

She is doing us the cake with a bride and groom and of course jack russell!!

I can't show my OH the whole thing as she is going to detail my dress but I can't wait to flash you guys once I get the photos a couple of days before.

Thank you all for not thinking I was mad too Smiley smile

x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics