Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MadamRed
Beginner April 2017

Maggie Sottero vs Sottero & Midgley? *FLASH*

MadamRed, 26 of September of 2015 at 17:15 Posted on Planning 0 3

I went for my first dress shopping appointment today, with OH (my BMs and Mum can be honest to the point of cruel, so I wanted to get an idea of what looks good with someone who'd be honest but nice first). I wanted a 1930s deco style, so I tried on Maggie Sottero Ettia. I absolutely loved it in the shop. It was a little big, so she clipped it in at the waist, and I'd like it a bit more fitted on the hips/top of the legs, which she said could be done in alterations. The shop let OH take loads of photos, and when we left it was a case of I just need to book in to look at it again with my Mum, but then I'll order it straight away.

We've got home, and I'm looking back at the photos and feel like it makes my waist look wide. I have a very defined, nipped in waist, but I don't see it in the photos. On the website, the model has a very definite waist so I'm wondering whether it's just that the dress wasn't pulled in enough or whether the dress can't do that on me and I need something more structured. I'm so confused. I was so happy with it in the shop, I feel kind of disappointed looking at it in the photos.☹️?

I've been looking at Sottero & Midgley dresses as well, and they seem to have some similar dresses with a more structured top, so I'm wondering whether to go and try some of those on - especially Lanie, Cayleigh, or Simone. Can anyone advise how Sottero & Midgley dresses compare to Maggie Sottero in terms of price, fit etc? Or do you think that they should be able to alter the Maggie to give me more shape?

This is me in the Maggie (sorry for the size):

3 replies

Latest activity by Aspenlady, 27 of September of 2015 at 20:04
  • Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I would try the others and compare. I see where you're coming from. Could be it needs nipping in more. Could be it's a little long for you in the top. Mine is. The top needs lifting slightly on mine and makes a big difference to how it fits in the middle. It's very pretty if you can be happy with the fit. You can compare once tried on the others.

• hollyhollytree
    Beginner September 2016
    hollyhollytree ·
    • Hide content

I can't comment on the difference between the brands if there is any but I just wanted to say go with how you felt when you had it on and when you were looking in the mirror rather than how the picture looks.

I bought my dress today and now I'm looking back at pics also thinking "I swear my waist looked smaller than that"!! The dress is stunning i love the style xx

• Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

Have you tried other designers? I fell in love with Justin Alexander but ended up with a designer I never heard of. Justin Alexander are similar to Maggie sottero so you might find something like this more flattering. It's similar but has a more emphasised waist http://www.justinalexanderbridal.com/mobile/ja_wedding_dresses/8846

also don't forget the dress was not fitted to you so will look different in pics now than when it's your one

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics