Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

slinkysarah
Beginner June 2011

Magic knickers!! - help!

slinkysarah, 17 May, 2011 at 09:44 Posted on Planning 0 11

I just tried my dress on again and think I need some magic knickers for my thighs and tummy! I'm a size 12 so do I buy them in a 12 or do I buy them in a size 10? I don't want to get some and feel like they aren't 'holding me in' enough!

Anyone who has any please tell me which are good etc thank you!!

25 days to go!!!!!!!

11 replies

Latest activity by NikiST, 17 May, 2011 at 14:14
  • Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

U buy the same size, they are made for your size but to pull you in!1

Spanx IMO are the best ive tried but can be costly, trinny and suzannah have some too....but ive heard good things about debenhams own!

• FutureMrsRon
    Beginner February 2012
    FutureMrsRon ·
    • Hide content

I've got some of the Trinny and Susannah tights and don't worry about them not grabbing you enough, when they come out of the packet they're about 3 inches wide and I've broken more than one nail trying to get into them!!!

• panda2011
    Beginner September 2011
    panda2011 ·
    • Hide content

If you go down a size you'll end up feeling really uncomfortable after a couple of hours as they hold you in too much. I've made that mistake before & it really spoilt the ball we went to! Make sure that whatever pants you get don't roll down at the top as you end up with a big roll of material which looks like a strange spare tyre under a dress - Primark pants tend to do that on me & my mum had the same problem with the M&S ones. The best ones are the ones that go under the bottom of your bra as then you don't get a spare tyre on top of the pants which isn't a good look. Another vote for Spanx or Trinny & Susannahs!

Oh dear - just realised that I sound like a big pants freak lol!

• slinkysarah
    Beginner June 2011
    slinkysarah ·
    • Hide content

I will stay away from the size 10s then ? I've seen some that start from under your boobs and go to just above knees, they look good! My dress is quite thin so can't risk a bulge here and a roll there!

Theres some on ebay for £6.99 but should I go with a named brand and spend a little bit more?

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

He he, the first time I bought a pair, I had to ask the sales assistant if I should buy my size or the size I wanted to be! I bought my size and they were more than tight enough. I had Spanx cycling short type things - don't need tummy control, more bottom lifting for me. They really were an effort to get into, trying to stretch them out to get my legs into but really worth it! But I initially thought I was never going to get into them. Not uncomfortable at all while on though.

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

I got mine from debenhams, their own brand, they were cheaper and IMO did a better job than spanx!

they went from above my knees to sit under my bra!! they wer FAB!

• slinkysarah
    Beginner June 2011
    slinkysarah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Could you show me a link to these please?

ps Im glad Im not the only one who wants magic knickers!

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

Spanx all the way!

• BrideMrsT2B
    Beginner June 2011
    BrideMrsT2B ·
    • Hide content

Well ladies I have about 4 pairs of different magic knickers including Spanx, M&S, some from Littlewoods and BHS own brand and I have to say I find the best results with the BHS ones closely followed by Spanx but it may depend on your size and shape. I am a size 18/20 so it doesnt make me look like a model but definately holds me in and gives me a much better shape.

• N
    Beginner January 2008
    niche79 ·
    • Hide content

I am the same as BrideMrsT2B, both in size and the fact that I have various brands !! And I would definitely recommend Spanx. I have bought a pair to go under my dress and they are really comfortable and gave me a totally smooth line, and they have a double gusset so you can use the toilet without having to take them off, which is a bonus in a wedding dress !!!

• Naboo
    Beginner
    Naboo ·
    • Hide content

I got this and was relly pleased with it, as it has straps you dont get a gap between your bra and the top, also it stops the dreaded top rolling down senario that I have found with the pants, the straps ar removable so i took them off and tied it to my bra with relly fine ribbon and it did the trick really well. Also it has built in pants that are easy to undo for toilet usage.

Avoid the ultimo all in one shaper thing, I ried it, it is horrendous, the gusset is impossible to fasten and unfasten, it is made for a midget so is really short in the body (Im tall but honestly it should have been twice as long) and because of this the bra cups end up halfway down tour body in competely the wrong place!!

• NikiST
    Beginner July 2011
    NikiST ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics