Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner August 2015

Magicians

History man, 13 of August of 2015 at 18:33 Posted on Planning 0 10

Just wondering approximately how much people have paid for a wedding magician, and what you got for the money.

Thanks

10 replies

Latest activity by SunnyOrangeDecor630, 1 of July of 2016 at 13:10
  • B
    Beginner November 2015
    Bridally ·
    • Hide content

We're hiring one - more of an illusionist I suppose. We are paying £150 for 1 hour and a half but he is in the very early stages of starting out!

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

There's a big difference in ability between magicians, so I'd expect a big variation in price.

You need to either see them perform or get a recommendation from someone who has! Your photographer will be ideal for advising on this.

The main factors I have observed are "magical ability", range of tricks, humour & rapport with the audience. A newbie may be cheap but they may have less convincing tricks, not be funny or good at interacting with the guests. That's a critical part of the service.

• Andy_Magicman
    Andy_Magicman ·
    • Hide content

If i can help please get in touch. I work all over the UK and only do one event each day so I am not going to be rushing to get elsewhere. My website is in my signature.

• S
    Beginner August 2016
    Sondy ·
    • Hide content

A magician was top of my OH's list for the wedding. He's booked somebody for the drinks reception and between courses at the meal (about 3 hours in total) for £550 - I thought this was quite steep but we really liked him and he spends time with all the kids teaching them magic as well so will keep them busy as well as entertaining the grownups. ?

• Andy_Magicman
    Andy_Magicman ·
    • Hide content

I don't charge anywhere near £550.

• Anna Zofka Photography
    Anna Zofka Photography ·
    • Hide content

I don't know how much he's charging but I can definitely recommend Jamie Segrave. I photographed him about 15 times over the last couple of years at weddings, clubs and various other events. And no, I still have no idea how he's doing it ? His tricks are really, really good and varied (cards, phones, random objects) , almost every time I see him, he's got something new to show and people reactions are brilliant (especially if they were sceptical to start with). Plus he's a really nice, affable guy.

This is his website www.jamiesegrave.com

Andy

• Andy_Magicman
    Andy_Magicman ·
    • Hide content

Photographers always love it when there is a good magician as the pictures are brilliant.

• green-claws-entertainment
    green-claws-entertainment ·
    • Hide content

Hi
    I can highly recommend Darren Campbell https://www.darrencampbellmagic.co.uk/ I first saw him at some wedding fairs i was attending and have worked with him at various weddings when i was DJing and have actually booked him for 2 of my very own parties. He is not just an amazing magician but also a very very friendly and funny guy. The banter and the repoir that he has with guests is brilliant.

• Andy_Magicman
    Andy_Magicman ·
    • Hide content

Just received this testimony:

I received this testimony this weekend. "Our friends are still talking about Andy two weeks after our wedding. He was amazing. He somehow managed to engage with all the guests and leave everyone guessing. Magic. A great entertainer who we'd recommend to anyone."
    If you would like a quote for your big day please message me. www.facebook.com/andyjamiesoncloseupmagician

"Our friends are still talking about Andy two weeks after our wedding. He was amazing. He somehow managed to engage with all the guests and leave everyone guessing. Magic. A great entertainer who we'd recommend to anyone."

If you would like a quote for your big day please message me.

• S
    SunnyOrangeDecor630 ·
    • Hide content

I think the rate of wedding magicians essex based vary depending on their skill level and how much they really charge. I suggest that you just contact one to know how much.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics