Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner March 2024 Durham

Maid of honour??

Rachael, 28 of September of 2021 at 21:26 Posted on Planning 0 6
Do I have to have a maid of honour? I’ve got my 3 closest friends as bridesmaids but I didn’t want to choose out of them. Can I just have 3 BMs??

6 replies

Latest activity by Jessica, 30 of September of 2021 at 22:28
  • Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content
    You totally can just have bridesmaids, I believe the only reason they are called a Maid of Honour is because they are married. They can still do the same role as BMs. My sister is married and so is a Maid of Honour, when I went to her wedding I was chief bridesmaid as I wasn’t married (although had children who were actually flower girls!)
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    Your wedding so do what you want. As above, traditionally the MOH is married so is not a big deal. If the three bridesmaids you have selected all get along then they can give it up duties between them or if you have one person who you are particularly close to then you could make them the chief bridesmaid or maid of honour x
  • R
    Beginner March 2024 Durham
    Rachael ·
    • Hide content
    A few people have commented and asked who my MOF/chief BM is and find it strange I wasn’t going to have one. In future I’ll tell them to keep their noses out Smiley smile x
  • Jane
    Dedicated June 2022 Bristol
    Jane ·
    • Hide content
    You can have whatever you want! My two best mates are my bridesmaids - one of them is married but I want them equally involved etc so they are having the same label (which is all it is at the end of the day!). Definitely tell people to keep their noses out! x
  • B
    Savvy October 2021 Oxfordshire
    Bella ·
    • Hide content
    I don’t have a MoH, in fact I technically don’t have a BM either but have asked my lovely friend to be our witness which is a special way of including her. Having a little flower girl though.
    People think it’s strange of me but it’s what I wanted & I’m pleased I stuck to my choice.
    Good luck!
  • Jessica
    Beginner December 2021 Northamptonshire
    Jessica ·
    • Hide content
    Of course you can!! Do whatever you makes you happy! This is your day, if you have a handful of closest friends you’d like to honour the same; do so!
    My fiancé has two closest friends so he has two best men 🥰. Perfect for us.
    Enjoy whatever you decide. Xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics