Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner July 2021

Maid of honour and best man drama!

Bohobride20, 12 of June of 2020 at 16:34 Posted on Planning 0 5

Okay so me and my oh chose our MOH and BestMan a while back, they didn't know each other at all untill my MOH started saying she thought the BM was fit from a facebook profile pic, she was newly single, she is that friend who has a lot of man drama! there isnt one ex boyfriend that I can think of where things have ended on good terms, anyway she wanted to message him I said she could if she wanted but i expressed my concerns that If they dated and fell out It would be very uncomfortable for me and my OH on the wedding day to have our BM and MOH as ex's who didnt get along. So they message, end up texting me and my OH to say they are meeting and they wanted to be honest with us, fast forward 5 weeks later she is crying over him because he wanted a break over a disagreement they had. So i say to her look there's drama already, we really don't want you two too not like each other for our wedding- you only met because of our wedding anyway. She says i am ruining her happiness, the Best Man goes to hers to collect a few things he left there baring in mind they was only meeting for 5 weeks and she knows the bride her best friend is really worried out this and has asked for them to just stay amicable and not complicate things any further. They hook up instead of him getting his stuff he stays the night which he says was all instigated by her refusing to get off his lap and making him come in to get his stuff ect. So i get cross, say lots of harsh words because i feel let down by my MOH and best friend. She says she is an adult and can see who she likes, we currently are not talking. I just really don't want to have 2 people that are exs and dislike eachother after a breakup either side of me and the groom on the big day, the fact she still hooked up him with again after i had made it really clear and things where not going well has made me really mad. She wont appoligise and says i should appoligise I'm having a really small wedding with only 40 guests, and they did not know eachother before being Best man and maid of honour. Do I have the right to be cross or am i over exaggerating? How would other brides feel about this. Thank you in advance x

5 replies

Latest activity by HappyBrownCars12359, 16 of June of 2020 at 09:16
  • Sienna_Elise88
    Beginner May 2021
    Sienna_Elise88 ·
    • Hide content

Your MOH sounds like she loves drama and she sounds immature. The BM sounds like a bit of a prick putting the blame on the MOH for sleeping together & also sounds really immature.

If they wanted to sleep together that is their business but to air their dirty laundry in public is their mistake. They haven't shown respect by keeping it private and when things went wrong to drag everyone in to it.

My main question is what did you say to her????? Without knowing this I don't know how to respond.

• H
    Rockstar June 2020
    HappyBlueCars582 ·
    • Hide content

I’d probably be annoyed too if I were you but we can’t control other people, what they do and their behaviour. As long as they’re civil to one another on the day that’s all that really matters.

• S
    Beginner
    SunnyGoldHair95974 ·
    • Hide content

I would say as long as they are civil on the day that whatever they do in their personal lives is really their business. If I were you I would apologise to your friend (I mean is it really worth losing someone that close to you?) And just ask that whatever happens please act nice on the wedding day which I am sure they will both be fine with

• H
    Rockstar June 2020
    HappyBlueCars582 ·
    • Hide content

Just re-reading your post again and I think that you should be the one to apologise

• R
    Beginner July 2021
    RomanticIvoryCakes32248 ·
    • Hide content

Wow sorry but its none of your business what they do! you cant control people just for the sake of your wedding. Get better friends

• H
    Savvy
    HappyBrownCars12359 ·
    • Hide content

I do understand the concerns you had, but it’s a bit like when a teenager gets a boyfriend the parents hate - the more they’re told they shouldn’t be together the more they want to out of spite sometimes! I think let them work out their drama, and actually it’s probably a good thing it’s all blown up in the space of 5/6 weeks, should mean by the wedding they can be polite to each other and will have moved on. I don’t think it’s worth falling out with your MOH over. Maybe help her find someone to move on with?!?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics