Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Little Madam
Beginner

Major wedding envy today! *flash*

Little Madam, 2 July, 2011 at 17:08 Posted on Planning 0 6

I was shopping in town today, and there is a church in the centre of town.

The bride getting married there this afternoon had a steel band lined up outside - Major envy from me!! I'd adore one, but OH totally vetoed it.

6 replies

Latest activity by Pompey, 3 July, 2011 at 10:39
  • Teri_M
    Teri_M ·
    • Hide content

I love that too,, one of my weddings from this past weekend had a reggae band complete with steel drums,, and it was fabulous. Made everyone feel like they were on holiday. The tropical rum punch didn't hurt either Smiley winking

• kittykat9/9
    Beginner October 2011
    kittykat9/9 ·
    • Hide content

Do it! We're having a three piece steel band as a surprise for everyone during the drinks reception (OH's family originate from the West Indies) and I can't wait! Perhaps you can persuade him if it is only 3 people?

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

I have less than 6 weeks to go so I'm thinking it may be my 30th birthday party plan! Teri - that is teasing, so jealous. The band today werent fully set up in the pic and ended up with something like 15 drums! Still so jealous.

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

Ooh I am having a 5 piece steel band for our drinks reception too! Nobody knows about it so will be a real suprise when they walk out of the ceremony.

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

I am having a friend play a few tunes on his steel pan at the welcome drinks, could you talk your OH into just one or two rather than a whole band??

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content

I had major envy when Kate and William had 'I was glad' for her to walk down the aisle to. I sang that with my choir not so long ago and fell in love with it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics