Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner June 2012

Make up advice for wedding in cyprus

kfair, 11 April, 2012 at 06:53 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi Ladies,

Hope the planning is going well.

Well I havent got long now ? and im only just starting to think about my make up?.

Im getting married in Cyprus so its going to be hot and im worried my make up is going to be shiny, slip, come off.

Can anyone recommend make up which will be good to wear out there, I dont mind how much it costs, mixing and matching brands, i need recommendations for;

foundation, blusher, eyeshadow, eyebrows, mascara, lips.

Thank you

7 replies

Latest activity by Juliet Cunnington (Makeup HIB), 14 April, 2012 at 18:43
  • F
    Beginner September 2012
    Fawny ·
    • Hide content

Hello,

How exciting for you! I'm getting married in Rhodes in September so have the same issues as you. I can highly reccommend Estee Lauder Double Wear, foundation, eye shadow, mascara & lips, they whole of the double wear is really good. I've been trying it out & wore it while we were in Rhodes last year & it did last well. I wear it at home on a weekend & it goes on 1st thing in the morning & I need a good makeup remover to take it off at night. So i'm happy with it, I have also got Boots No7 Airbrush Primer to wear under it on the day just to make double sure but i'm positive it will be fine.

All the best.

• Juliet Cunnington (Makeup HIB)
    Juliet Cunnington (Makeup HIB) ·
    • Hide content

I'm afraid I'm going to say the opposite - steer clear of doublewear as it can look White on camera when photos ate taken with a flash that's bounced off your face. I would go for Dior Forever - as long-lasting as doublewear but more natural and easier to apply. If you apply Mac Prep and Prime SPF50 underneath it genuinely won't budge all day. You must leave the primer to sink in for 5 mins before you apply the foundation on top. Once your makeup is finished if you spritz it with makeup forever mist and fix (www.gurumakeupemporium.co.uk) it will make all your makeup heatproof and sweatproof. Juliet x

• K
    Beginner June 2012
    kfair ·
    • Hide content

Thank you Juliet, I think ive read a post where you mention the white thing on another thread with the double wear. Im definately going to get the dior foundation then and the mac primer.

Do you have any recomendations for mascara? eyeshadow? are there any particularly good brands where you would recommend i go and have make over for these products?

xxx

• Hide content

Mascara - max factor false lash effect waterproof - black Eyeshadow - love clinique eyeshadows. My most used is the Clinique Spicy Quad Eye primer - Clinique Touch Base in Canvas Eyeliner- Bobbi Brown Longwear Gel Eyeliner - my favourite colours are caviar and chocolate shimmer ink Lipstick - Clinique Buttershine lipsticks - my favourite colours are baby baby, adore u, pink a boo, pink goddess (revlon have just bought out a new lip balmy lipstick that is similar and has some pretty colours) Juliet x

• F
    Beginner September 2012
    Fawny ·
    • Hide content

O now you have me worried. I never noticed my face looking white on the photos from the holiday last year, but will need to have a look now & see.☹️

• K
    Beginner June 2012
    kfair ·
    • Hide content

Thank you again Juliet, you are FAB! ?

• Hide content

That's ok - my pleasure!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups