Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Katrina
Dedicated February 2025 West Midlands

Make up or hair which to do first?

Katrina, 18 of January of 2024 at 10:24 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 8

Hey all,

Just a quick one does hair get done first or make up? Smiley smile I suppose it depends on who is doing it I would have thought. As long as the dress does not have to go over my head. I might invite them both at the same time on the day of wedding.

8 replies

Latest activity by Katrina, 25 of March of 2024 at 14:05
  • L
    Rockstar July 2023 Greater Manchester
    Lisa ·
    • Hide content
    Check with your hair lady if she wants you in the chair in one part or two. Mine was two, so I did wet layers of makeup first, then hair, then the rest of my makeup then the rest of my hair. I did my own makeup.
    To me I would do makeup first so that you can scrape all the hair away from your face without worrying about it, but ask your hair & make up ladies & see if they have any preference. They’ll likely both be there for similar time if multiple people are getting ready anyway, and then you need to figure out your bridal parties getting ready order for each.
  • Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank You for your response Smiley smile
    Definitely will get them to both arrive similar times for sure. It will just be myself having hair & make up done. I won't be having any bridemaids Smiley smile so should be more straight forward.
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Whenever I've seen wedding photos, it's nearly always makeup first then hair, but I would check with both to see if they have a preference. Hair first then makeup has always seemed a more sensible way round to me though, as I can imagine scenarios in which doing hair might disturb makeup, but not really the other way around!

• Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I might want to sit in my dress while hair is being done. Or put my dress on once hair and make up are done! Smiley smile

• J
    Curious July 2024 Norfolk
    Jessica ·
    • Hide content
    Definitely put your dress on last, you don’t want to risk creasing it or getting something spilled or sprayed on it
  • Kimberley
    Beginner June 2028 Buckinghamshire
    Kimberley ·
    • Hide content
    Makeup first always in case any makeup goes in your hair then your hairs already done and harder to fix then
  • Shree
    Curious March 2019 Karnataka
    Shree ·
    • Hide content

Deciding whether or not to do your make-up or hair first depends on what you select and the fashion you are going for. Here are some issues to think about:

Hair Style: If you are doing a fancy hairstyle with braids or curls, it is typically less difficult to do your hair first so you do not mess it up while doing your makeup.

Makeup Mess: Sometimes make-up can get on your hair, specifically if you are using things like foundation or powder. If you are involved, you might want to do your makeup after you have done your hair.

Hot Tools: If you are using curling irons or flat irons on your hair, it is safer to do your hair first so you do not by chance burn your face with the warm tools.

Time: Consider which phase takes longer for you and prioritize that. If you are quick on time, do the longer section first.

What You Like: Some humans opt for doing make-up first for the best base, while others like to begin with hair. It's up to you and what you locate easier.

So, attempt each approach and see what works excellently for you and the fashion you are going for.

• Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Good thinkingSmiley smile thank you!♡

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics