Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner November 2016

Make up trial today, hate it!

Annaangeluk2016, 3 of October of 2016 at 16:27 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi guys,

I posted on here a couple of weeks ago about my disastrous hen night and uninviting my friend because of it who was also my mua for the wedding! Well, I managed to find someone else and today had my trial. All started off okay, she turned up with all the kit and we decided to try out airbrushing and I wanted a smokey eye with a hint of gold. I let her do her thing and 2 hours later looked in the mirror and its bloody awful! Foundation is yellow and because she used no primer etc its sat into every wrinkle that I didn't even know I had! Nothing under my eyes so I look like I've got bags! Eyeliner is lumpy, patchy and flaking off and my eyes dont even match! No contouring or highlighting etc just a blob of pink blusher to try and tone down the jaundice look! And I paid her £40 for the privilege of looking so crap! I've now reached a point where I cant keep paying out for trials etc, we hadnt budgeted for makeup as my friend was doing it as a gift so I cant afford to keep doing it!

Have now decided to do my own on the day. Really disappointed as just wanted that confidence boost of having perfect makeup but I cant risk her doing it! If she's looked at mine and thought thats right then she must be clueless or bloody blind! I have decent makeup and with a few youtube tutorials I can do better but didnt want the stress of it!

Agh!!! Just so sick of the stress of things going wrong!

Anna xx

5 replies

Latest activity by laurafish, 4 of October of 2016 at 09:37
  • P
    Beginner October 2017
    Purpleshoes13 ·
    • Hide content

I'm sorry to hear that it didn't go well. Have you thought about going to a make up counter in a department store and having a chat with them? They might be able to give you some pointers for doing it yourself.

• A
    Beginner November 2016
    Annaangeluk2016 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Purpleshoes,

Yeah I've thought I might give that a go! I'm pretty confident on doing my own foundation etc but a bit of help with my eyes and contouring would be good! Will be having lots of practice and cant be worse than I had today!!

Anna xx

• T
    Beginner January 2018
    ThroughGreenEyes ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to be doing my own make up for my wedding. I'm thinking about going for a make up lesson at a Bobbi Brown make up counter as they do bridal lessons.

In the link below they have some videos they did recently live I really like the classic bridal look.

https://www.facebook.com/BobbiBrownUK/?brand_redir=101100400538

Hope this helps Smiley smile

• Bacchant
    Beginner June 2017
    Bacchant ·
    • Hide content

I really like Leyla Rose on youtube for tutorials, she explains pretty clearly and uses some high street products as well as high end stuff. Only thing is she tends to do face then eyes, when eyes then face tends to be easier.
    Only thing I'll add is that I noticed a big improvement when I got better brushes and a beauty blender (I saw knock off blenders in tk maxx last week if you need one).
    also if you don't have one already you should get a setting spray, it makes a big difference in how well makeup lasts, I use the urban decay de slick one, but I think you can get cheaper knock offs now.

• K
    KayleighKMUA ·
    • Hide content

Ahhh so sorry to hear that! Thats always the worst experience! I would definitely go to local make up counters and see if you can get trials with them. If you're happy, many of them freelance as well so may be able to do your make up if you don't fancy doing it yourself!

Otherwise many professional make up artists do offer lessons as well, if you wanted something like that Smiley smile

• laurafish
    Beginner July 2016
    laurafish ·
    • Hide content

I did my own too, couldn't trust anybody else would do something I was happy with - at least if it went wrong I only had myself to blame!

My sister bought me a MAC makeover session, I've had one before too. They last about an hour, think they cost around £40 but then you can spend that money on products in the shop after. So it's essentially a free makeup lesson. They will ask what sort of thing you're looking for so you can explain you're most concerned about eyes etc.

I'm confident with my makeup anyway but I really enjoyed both sessions I've done, take someone along and make a day of it, and hopefully you'll pick up some tips that will help you feel more confident Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics