Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner July 2014

Make your own sundae bar -- HELP NEEDED!!!

lauren_448, 24 of May of 2014 at 22:03 Posted on Planning 0 22

Hi everyone,

I am planning to have a 'make your own sundae bar' as dessert for our summer wedding (28th July) however am really having problems finding tall ice cream sundae glasses to hire. I need about 80 and am in Warwickshire.

if anyone has any from their wedding I would buy them from you, or if anyone knows of anywhere I could find them please please please let me know!

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=ice+cream+sundae+glasses&source=images&cd=&docid=7HYNiGqPUFHaIM&tbnid=FDaWmGS80vI14M:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fitm%2F2-x-Knickerbocker-Glory-Milkshake-Ice-Cream-Sundae-Dishes-Bowls-Glasses-Spoons-%2F350927115142&ei=lAiBU-fSK8aM0AXkzYHwAg&psig=AFQjCNE2lX6GOfEfcysLQbkJ--_HQGeMjg&ust=1401051655110821

here is the idea - or something like it!

i want to avoid the smaller round dishes and am looking for a tall glass. Even like the ones used in harvester would be great, I am getting a bit desperate now so any help would be massively appreciated!

thanks!

lauren

22 replies

Latest activity by lauren_448, 29 of May of 2014 at 23:44
  • Melancholie
    Beginner December 2014
    Melancholie ·
    • Hide content
  • L
    Beginner July 2014
    lauren_448 ·
    • Hide content

I love that design but unfortunately it is going to be a bit too expensive for 80. Was hoping to hire them!

If I can find them really cheaply then I might be able to buy them and sell them on after the wedding

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

Check Matalan & Morrisons. Sometimes they have nice plastic dishes as part of their summer BBQ dining ranges.

• MrsToffee
    Expert April 2015
    MrsToffee ·
    • Hide content

If you don't mind having plastic ones there are these https://www.dukesvalley.co.uk/shop/v1834p1438/product-details.aspx

• Melancholie
    Beginner December 2014
    Melancholie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What is your budget for them, Lauren? Just so we're not looking and showing you things that are going to be out due to cost. ?

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

Something like this?

http://www.deluxehire.co.uk/epages/Store2_Shop1958.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/Store2.Shop1958/Products/SWICSCRCP11

west London but for a fee will travel.

http://palmerhire.co.uk/glass.htm in w mids but list sundae dish (no picture so worth enquiring)

The hire places seem to be listing between 74p and 1.15 plus vat.

If you know someone with a business who could open an account at Brakes this may be a cheaper option and you could sell on afterwards:

https://www.brakesce.co.uk/pid_33910/512718/tall-ice-cream-cup.aspx

I'd go for the latter but am not to be trusted as my house is full of 'stuff I don't really need but can sell on afterwards' at the moment!

Something else to consider: if you go for the tall glasses instead of short/footed bowls you'll need to hire/buy long spoons too. Short bowls mean standard spoons!

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

We got ours from the pound shop (poundland) exactly the same as that. Really thick glass, good quality. Worked out cheaper than hiring as you had to pay extra to have them cleaned too (and we didn't fancy washing up the day after the wedding)

We cleared the shelves with 20, so you may have to look around at a few or contact them directly perhaps?

• L
    Beginner July 2014
    lauren_448 ·
    • Hide content

These are all great ideas, thank you! My budget its £100 which I realise is pretty low but hopefully we can find something.

The pound shop is a good idea. I've looked at so many catering companies it's crazy!

• MrsToffee
    Expert April 2015
    MrsToffee ·
    • Hide content

Whereabouts in Warks are you Lauren, I can check out our Poundland if you need a load finding!

• L
    Beginner July 2014
    lauren_448 ·
    • Hide content

I am in Leamington spa. We only have a small pound land here but I can always pop into Birmingham or Coventry to find a bigger one. Where abouts are you?

• L
    Beginner July 2014
    lauren_448 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's a great idea, did you sell yours on after?

• lc93
    Beginner September 2016
    lc93 ·
    • Hide content

Sorry to gatecrash your thread, but I've always said I wanted a sundae bar... how have you gone about sourcing the ingredients etc? I'm not sure how to stop the ice cream melting, or where to get everything from?!

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Not as yet (wedding isn't until next September) but we will be ?

• L
    Beginner July 2014
    lauren_448 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

When did you buy them? Do you think they will still be in the shops?

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I bought ours about this time last year (we have been planning for AGES lol)

We asked when more would be in and the lady behind the till said to try after the next delivery but that they come in every year and fly off the shelves, so I think it might be worth getting in touch with the shops directly maybe and asking if they can order x amount in for you or put a certain amount aside? We didn't think to at the time.

I reminded my OH about them last night after replying to this (it was his idea originally) and he'd totally forgotten about them and has since decided he'd like slush puppies instead!

• MrsToffee
    Expert April 2015
    MrsToffee ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ooh, I'm near you! In Rugby, our Poundland is medium sized so I'll keep an eye out for you, and could pick them up for you if you could collect?

• L
    Beginner July 2014
    lauren_448 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ooh that would be amazing, I'd be happy to collect them! Thanks!

• L
    Beginner July 2014
    lauren_448 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow you have been planning for a long time! Well if you do decide to go with slush puppies you would have a very happy customer willing to buy them off you Smiley laugh

• L
    Beginner July 2014
    lauren_448 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi! To be honest we as till working out the logistics of it all.

We are providing the glasses, the venue is providing the ice cream and is going to serve the ice cream in the glasses. We are thinking of having the ice cream coming out a table at a time (and the rest kept cold out the back) so that it doesn't melt before they get to the sweet buffet. We are providing sweets, sauces etc and are going to have a buffet table where people can go and create their sundae and there will also be fruit platters on the table (provided by the venue) for a healthy twist.

we are also thinking of choosing mine and my OH favourite sundaes and providing recipes for people to create if they want to to give it a personal touch.

• MrsToffee
    Expert April 2015
    MrsToffee ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Okie doke, keep me posted if you suddenly change your mind or manage to get a load and will have a look next time I'm in town, probably Wednesday actually!

• L
    Beginner July 2014
    lauren_448 ·
    • Hide content

Also there are so many jars and things on eBay that are quite cheap. We are going to get all the sweets and stuff from a wholesales - my brother in law is going to take us as his company has an account with one. If not I'm sure you could go to a costco or somewhere.

There are companies who you can hire and they will do everything. Think it's £200-£300 ish and they bring everything. If you have the budget it might be worth looking into it as it would definitely take a lot of the stress away.

• MrsToffee
    Expert April 2015
    MrsToffee ·
    • Hide content

Hi Lauren, had a look today but their glassware selection seems really limited and they didn't have any sundae glasses, will keep an eye out though!

• L
    Beginner July 2014
    lauren_448 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks! Yeah I haven't found any either. Think it's back to hiring if I don't find any soon

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics