Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner October 2011

Make Your Own Wedding Photo Album OnLine :o)

Mrs Poon, 1 April, 2011 at 22:32 Posted on Planning 0 9

As the title says really.

I have just made a mini photo book on photo box website as the TOG's are going to charge £400 for an A4 album. Now I know the quality will be V good but as we will require 3 albums and be charged for his day fee and other bits our TOG price will come in at over two grand ?

I have decided that once I get the disc it will be something I want to do myself as me and H2B can personalise each album for his / my folks and ourselves. Can any of you hitchers reccomend any other sites I could take a look at.

Thanks in advance.

9 replies

Latest activity by lauren700, 3 April, 2011 at 13:50
  • Lola-Belle
    Beginner April 2013
    Lola-Belle ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I know my friend at work used the Kodak site, not sure what the albums are like I can ask her Monday but the nice thing is whenever anyone asks no matter where she is she can pop it up online! Which I thought was lovely.

Hope this helps! Smiley smile

x

• M
    Beginner October 2011
    Mrs Poon ·
    • Hide content

Will give them a whirl too thank you. Just ordering mini books at the moment as don't want to pay out lots of money if they look cheap and nasty.

Thank you x

• Lola-Belle
    Beginner April 2013
    Lola-Belle ·
    • Hide content

Couldnt agree more, we are just getting one full album for us, then maybe make our own albums for the Parents and In-Laws.

Luckily our photographer is a friend so were hoping for mates rates Smiley tongue

Let us know how you get on

x

• stripeyrache
    Beginner February 2011
    stripeyrache ·
    • Hide content

I used Photobox for our honeymoon album and it was great! Though maybe not quite special enough for my wedding album. I'd use it to do an album for our parents though. I've heard good things about Blurb, and am considering using them for our album.

Though we've also thought about saving up for the next 11 months and getting an album through our tog as a 1st anniversary present to eachother, because it's paper after all!

• D
    Beginner
    Dancerlady ·
    • Hide content

I have made photobooks with 'Blurp' and I am planning to do some after the wedding again. We have one book from the TOG, but I also want to make our own one that we can give to our families. Blurp uses BookSmart software that you can download for free to your computer and when you are finished with the book you download it to Blurp website and then you can order it, if you want also your family and friends can view and order book from the website. The software is easy to use and books are really good quality.

• judeclarke
    Beginner October 2011
    judeclarke ·
    • Hide content

We used Blurb for our big holiday photobook, not cheap but worth it if you can get your head around the software.

My OH also said something about colourbalancing with Blurb because of the difference between RGB and CMY ink systems, but maybe he did advanced editing coz he's a smart@rse.

Good old Vistaprint do photobooks as well.

• Rebecca86
    Beginner July 2012
    Rebecca86 ·
    • Hide content

Another site to look at is Snapfish.co.uk

i've used these loads and they normally have offers/discounts on the photo books

• W
    Beginner October 2011
    wonky ·
    • Hide content

I love Bob Books. Have made several books with them from travels around the world. Their photographic style books are very good quality and well worth the price.

You download their software to put it together and the software was really easy to use and easy to see whether the photo will be printed in good quality in the size that you want it.

If you look in their book gallery their are a few examples of books that people have done for their wedding pics.

They also have lots of money off vouchers advertised in papers etc to bring the cost down so keep and eye out, or just google Bob Books discount. Most I have managed to find is 20% off.

We are going to have our main album done by the tog but will be using Bob Books to get parents albums done as we will have all of the the pictures in high quality as part of our tog package.

www.bobbooks.co.uk

Hope that helps ?

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

Although I don't use them, BobBooks has some very good reviews.

The caveat that should be raised is the longevity of the printing inks and paper used. I am not sure what sort of time guarantee some of these companies claim.

• lauren700
    Beginner
    lauren700 ·
    • Hide content

Oohh I'm keeping an eye on this thread! Anyone know where you can get the perspex cover ones from ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics