Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

G
Beginner October 2021 West Sussex

Make-up and hair artist isn’t responding!

Gemma, 8 of August of 2021 at 00:56 Posted on Planning 0 3
Hello! Any advice would be appreciated! So I’m getting married in October 2021 and booked my hair and makeup a year ago as I know it would book up fast with Covid. So far I haven’t had much luck with the hair and makeup artist. For my first trial in April, my hair was falling out before she even left and was even worse by the end of the day. She came back for another try, at the beginning of June, and used stronger holding spray which worked better (not perfect but better), so I agreed to go ahead with the booking. She mentioned about sending over the timetable for the day a week after the trials and other bits to help prepare for the day.
Here’s the problem, I am meeting with our photographer next week to discuss the day and she would like a timetable of the morning so she knows when to turn up. I’ve emailed the makeup artist several times over the last 2 months since my trials and had no response - she’s gone completely quiet. I understand it’s wedding season and she’s probably very busy, and don’t want to nag her too much but at the same time, I’m also a paying customer. I’m just losing a lot of trust and have no idea whether she’ll actually turn up on the day.
What should I do? Am I overreacting or should I cancel and find someone else?

3 replies

Latest activity by Aidan8752, 3 of February of 2023 at 04:19
  • Emma
    Rockstar August 2021 Wiltshire
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    Have you paid a deposit to her?
    I think I’d be the same as you and be worrying about her actually turning up.
    I understand that it’s the busiest time for weddings and prom make up/hair so she probably is rushed off her feet but it takes 2 mintues to send a message saying “super busy I’ll reply properly later” 2 months without a response is bad.
    Maybe send her a message saying you are just confirming she is still doing your hair and makeup, if you don’t hear from her within a week then your be going with someone else, explain that you know she’s busy but the way she hasn’t replied hasn’t filled you with confidence and it’s the most important day of your life and you don’t want the added stress.
  • G
    Beginner October 2021 West Sussex
    Gemma ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah I am have paid a deposit but not the full amount yet. That was my thoughts too, everyone has time to send a quick message saying they’re busy and will reply later, but I’ve had nothing like that.
    I think that’s what I’ll do, I’ll send her a message today and give her a week. I’m meeting the photographer tomorrow morning so we’ll see if she replies in time!
    Thank you for your advice!
  • milkhoney
    Beginner February 2023 Rajasthan
    milkhoney ·
    • Hide content

It sounds like you have valid concerns about the lack of response from your hair and makeup artist. Here are a few steps you could take to resolve the situation:

1. Reach out to the artist again : Send another email or make a phone call to the artist to see if you can get a response. Explain your concerns and ask for an update on the timeline for the day and for any information you need for your meeting with the photographer.

2. Consider alternative options : If you don't hear back from the artist after multiple attempts to contact them, you may want to consider finding a backup hair and makeup artist just in case. You can look for recommendations from friends or search online for local artists.

3. Have a backup plan : Even if the original artist does eventually respond, it might be a good idea to have a backup plan in place in case they don't show up on the day of your wedding.

In general, it's always better to be proactive and have a backup plan in place, especially for such an important event as your wedding.

https://milkhoneyco.com/

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics