Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E

Makeup artist messing around

ExpensiveGreenConfetti46517, 24 of March of 2020 at 11:53 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hi

ive booked a makeup artist in September 2019 for a wedding in August 2020. I paid a deposit of £100. I now want to cancel or get her to just do hair instead. Her instagram does not state deposits are non refundable. As soon as I messaged her to ask if I can have a refund she replied that I won’t get my deposit back. After that if I’m trying to message asking if I can sort things out she doesn’t pick up or replies that she will get back tomorrow. There is still 5 months for the wedding I think I should get my deposit back.Im still willing to get her to do my hair but she’s not replying what do I do?

1 replies

Latest activity by Chris Giles Photography, 25 of March of 2020 at 14:46
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Deposits are never normally refundable, unless the business is the one to cancel the job.

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

Deposits are usually there to secure the date and as such non-refundable if you cancel, doesn't matter how far off you are, most couples book their stuff way in advance. If you cancel now they may not be able to find replacement work to cover your change of mind and you lose your deposit to cover this.

Maybe they cannot do hair or it's a different price bracket. Or maybe they're dealing with their own problems due to the pandemic we're having. They could well have more immediate issues to deal with as most of March, April and May's weddings are postponing creatng onbe heck of an admin nightmare.

You could also just phone her up rather than rely on email. People can't really dodge that.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics