Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Missus S

Makeup artist stuck for her wedding makeup!? Help please xxx

Missus S, 21 March, 2011 at 14:24 Posted on Planning 0 10

Hey so i used to do makeup and beauty as a living, and i will be doing my own as i dont trust anyone else to! But my dilemma is, i usually wear alot, and love my dark eyeshadows, but i am worried il look like a goth in a white dress with such heavy eyes. Should i tone it down, or go for diff colours? And which colours?! My other halfs army uniform is navy, and im all ivory and sparkley...xxx

10 replies

Latest activity by JezVonSavage, 22 March, 2011 at 18:51
  • Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content

I normally wear greys/blacks/purples but am going for a browny Barry M Dazzle dust. Not as sparkly as it sounds. I have to have some kind a eyelinerage as i have really small piggy eyes otherwise.

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

Im still having my usual eyeliner, mascara, false lashes etc, its just colour wise im stuck. I normally have smokey black when i go out... ?

• NikiST
    Beginner July 2011
    NikiST ·
    • Hide content

Definitely a softer look and I would try and incorporate the wedding scheme into my make-up if I could. I'd go for softer eyes, definitely.

• NikiST
    Beginner July 2011
    NikiST ·
    • Hide content

What is your colour scheme?

• MrsCoco
    MrsCoco ·
    • Hide content

Could you go for browns and golds instead perhaps? You could still achieve the smokey look then, just making it a little more "bridal"? This is what I did for mine x

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

Havent got much of a colour scheme, alot of neautrals, ivory, champagnes, silvers, whites, but other half is wearing a navy coloured army uniform with hints of gold in it... xx

• knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content

Smokey black sounds like evening make up to me. You could have a lighter grey perhaps and apply something darker in the evening?

• knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content

Ooh, silver could work?

• Juliet Cunnington (Makeup HIB)
    Juliet Cunnington (Makeup HIB) ·
    • Hide content

If I was working on you the first thing I would say is that your wedding day is about still loolong like you. If you always wear dark eyemakeup then walking down the aisle without it you won't look like you! I would stick with a smokey eye but instead of black go for a gunmetal grey and silver smokey eye. Bobbi Brown do a great gunmetal grey gel eyeliner that would look great too and softer than black. Maybe go for slightly softer lashes like eyelure superfull 080. Keep the skin natural and the cheeks and lips soft and you will look gorgeous! There's a few photos in my gallery of looks like that. Juliet

• JezVonSavage
    Beginner September 2012
    JezVonSavage ·
    • Hide content

I too am a MUA and plan on doing my own face on the day. I won't be doing anything too different from my everyday look (which is usually a heavy eye, very smoky with thick lashes) because I look a bit like Miss Piggy when I try to look natural!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics