Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner September 2013

Makeup/Hair Timings?!

anna89, 24 of August of 2013 at 14:30 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi,

So I have 2 weeks to go, and have got my first potential problem. My wedding is at 2.30pm, but my make up artist wants to come really early (has to leave our hotel by 11am) to get to another wedding that was booked before mine. Do you think I should look at getting someone else/doing make up myself, or stick with her? I want my hair done later, so that the curls stay in as long as possible, and ideally wanted makeup done after hair, which is now not possible! Thoughts please? X

7 replies

Latest activity by Juliet Cunnington (Makeup HIB), 29 of August of 2013 at 13:59
  • Rochelle (Make up HIB)
    Rochelle (Make up HIB) ·
    • Hide content

Tricky one. When you booked your artist, did she tell you that she had another wedding to go to or mention it when you had your trial? If not, that's a little bit naughty. I often do more than one wedding in one day (I've done three today), but I always tell the bride at the point of enquiry so that she has a choice whether to go ahead with my timings or not.

If you look for someone else now it might be tricky to a) find someone and b) have enough time to have a trial to make sure you're happy.

If you were happy with your current artist and timing is the only issue, I would say stick with her. Makeup is designed to last a good 12-14 hours once applied so if she's leaving at 11, it's not really that long before the wedding and perhaps make sure you have some lip colour to top up with during the day and you should be fine. Hope that helps a bit.

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

I think you both should have agreed a time prior to this point, however, in your shoes I'd be miffed. The timings was my make-up lady's priority to agree, once we'd negotiated a fee.

If you've had a trial and like what she does it may be better to stick with her and arrange your morning around that. If you think you might have to touch it up later maybe agree to the time but ask for a discount, then it's up to her whether she gets the work at a reduced rate, or (potentially) doesn't get it at all.

• Juliet Cunnington (Makeup HIB)
    Juliet Cunnington (Makeup HIB) ·
    • Hide content

I agree with Rochelle. If she told you when you booked her that she already had a wedding booked in and could do your makeup if it was finished by 11am then she's not doing anything wrong. If she's a good mua your makeup will stay on until you remove it so it will be fine. Juliet x

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

I always thought it was hair then make up?

• M
    Beginner September 2013
    MrsB2013 ·
    • Hide content

Im having hair then make up for order. Can you pull your fringe to the side and then blowdry in back in place once make up done if gone a little funny? (Depends on your hair though?) Also if you need to have your hair washed dont want your make up done before that

• Juliet Cunnington (Makeup HIB)
    Juliet Cunnington (Makeup HIB) ·
    • Hide content

I've just back from working on a bride with a fringe. Her hair was done first, I did her makeup and then her fringe was combed through afterwards. I usually prefer to do a brides makeup after her hair. Juliet x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics