Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner

Making own invites - card thickness? stamping?

MayDay, 25 of May of 2008 at 13:24 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hello - about to order some blank cards from the internet but worried the card thickness might be too thin. They are 225gsm - is that thick enough to feel like good quality card? Also thinking of ordering clear magic wedding words and acrylic block to stamp my own words on the front - has anyone had experience of using this and does it come out ok?

Any advice appreciated!

8 replies

Latest activity by BarryHolt, 23 of May of 2024 at 20:19
  • loobyg
    Beginner November 2008
    loobyg ·
    • Hide content

Not tried stamping - I used peel offs for my invites. As for the card thickness I can't remember what thickness the card I bought was... is there a stationers or craft shop near you that you can sneaky into and have a feel of the card?!

• M
    Beginner
    MayDay ·
    • Hide content

Thanks - are the peel off's OK too...I tried them but found them fiddly when trying to push out the little pieces in the middle of the letters (e.g. in the middle of the letter 'e')

• crafty em
    Beginner June 2008
    crafty em ·
    • Hide content

Sounds a bit thin to me, although it depends what size card they are, have you got a link to them?

Em x

• M
    Beginner
    MayDay ·
    • Hide content

Here's the website:

https://www.craftycomputerpaper.co.uk/card-blanks/

I really don't want to have to cut my own cards from card stock as too fiddly!

• crafty em
    Beginner June 2008
    crafty em ·
    • Hide content

As they are A6 reckon they'll work ok, be quite smooth basic card, if you're using ribbon, handy hippo have some great prices and are quick to deliver

hth

em x

• G
    Beginner September 2008
    gemm26 ·
    • Hide content

i there we made our own too, and bought the card and the sticky words from Craft Creations online, the card came as a bumper pack but you can by seperately how ever many you want.

We bought the RSVP, Wedding Invitation, Evening Invitation and Thankyou stickers in silver. They were a bit fiddlely but we used tweezers and a ruler to make sure we got them straight.

Hope this helps good luck xx

• Handcrafted HIB
    Handcrafted HIB ·
    • Hide content

Technically 225gsm card weight should be thick enough for you to stamp onto (you can stamp onto any paper), although we tend to use 275gsm boards and above. Often the gsm figure doesn't actually represent how the board may 'feel' in your hands (sometimes a lower gsm can 'feel' quite thick if you see what I mean!)

We've had a lot of customers use acrylic blocks and wedding words to stamp with as it produces a really professional finish (especially if you'd like silver or gold text and are going to heat emboss.) Some tips - don't press the stamp into the ink pad, press the ink pad onto the stamp (this avoids getting the ink in places you don't want). Place your stamp onto your stock cleanly and press firmly on a hard surface - don't move or 'wobble' the stamp and then lift off clearly. Do some practise stamps first. Don't worry - It'll look great!

We have some lovely clear stamps and embossing powders which work well together and all the pre cut board stock that you would need if you want to take a look:

https://www.wowvow.co.uk/

Good luck

• M
    Beginner
    MayDay ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone...very helpful!! x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics