Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner June 2014

Maldives in June

hannahgosney, 19 of September of 2013 at 10:47 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 9

I'm sure this has been asked before but nothing came up in the forum search.

My OH and I originally thought of the Maldives as a perfect honeymoon destination. However our wedding is at the start of June as we don't want to postpone our honeymoon and want to go a couple of days after our wedding. The issue with that is that it is the rainy season in the Maldives and we were planning on relaxing in the sun for a week but are worried there won't be any. Has anyone been in June? What's the weather like?

9 replies

Latest activity by Mrs C, 26 of January of 2014 at 18:38
  • S
    Beginner May 2014
    smudge1234 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

We've just booked our honeymoon for June next year, and part of it will be 10 days in the Maldives.

We were initially worried about the weather, as I know it's not the best time of year to go there. But that's also true for a lot of the other places we were looking at for a bit of beach luxury e.g. St Lucia.

We read lots of reviews on trip advisor and most people said that you might get a couple of days where it's not great, but it was fine for most of the time.

We just decided to bite the bullet and book anyway as the resorts seemed to fit exactly what we wanted.

The advantage is that prices are lower so we've upgraded to a Jacuzzi Water Villa and the top meal plan Smiley smile

• B
    Beginner August 2014
    Bride2beebe ·
    • Hide content

Hi there,

If you don't mind me asking, what resort are you staying in?

My HTB and I have been looking, but everything decent looks to be hitting the £5.5-6k mark! Not what you want to spend after splashing out on a wedding!

• Stephisgifts
    Stephisgifts ·
    • Hide content

Hello ladies,

I recommend Chayyaa Island Dhonveli - we had the most amazing honeymoon there and I highly recommend the over water suites!

Stephi x

• Janelly
    Beginner January 2015
    Janelly ·
    • Hide content

£5.5-6k for a Maldives honeymoon? Yikes, I'd love to consider either there, or maybe even Bora Bora and a few others in the South Pacific, but they all seem to be trending upwards price wise. It's just so much cheaper to spend a week on the continent...

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

We went to the Maldives in March 2011 - we spent £4,500 and had 7 nights in Sri Lanka and 7 nights on the top all inclusive in Kuramathi.

Although it was a Kuoni holiday, we booked through Blue Bay Travel which was £500 cheaper.

We thought about the water villas, but if I am really honest they were on the rocky side of the island and the noise of the water lapping underneath would have kept me awake! We had a beach villa, literally stepped out onto a white sandy beach which was gorgeous and a lot cheaper!

I have friends who have been in June, and they did have rain but it's not the same as here. It downpours for an hour or so and then it's like it never happened!

• smilesjp
    Beginner July 2015
    smilesjp ·
    • Hide content

Hey,

I visited the Maldives a few years ago when it was reasonably priced, we visited Kurumba which was BEAUTIFUL. Usually when you look in the brochures you see white sands, crystal waters which have been edited a little, but in the Maldives this is literally what you get, and it takes your breath away. When we went we went on what they call he monsoon season also, and it literally rained buckets for only half a day when we stayed for the week. The next time we went (when reasonably priced) it didn't rain one bit, despite every weather channel saying it was thunder and lightening every day. June is the start the of the supposed "monsoon" season, so I'm sure it'll be fine. However the in the past two years or so prices have sky rocketed unfortunately, but it's still a once in a life time experience, and perfect for a lovely honeymoon!

Jess. x

• H
    Beginner June 2014
    hannahgosney ·
    • Hide content

I took the plunge and booked it.

We are staying in a jacuzzi water villa in Kuramathi for 7 days then going to Dubai for 4 days on the way back.

It was a heck of a lot more than we'd pay for a normal holiday but it's a once in a lifetime experience. Plus we aren't having a gift list so instead any money we have will go to paying off the honeymoon.

• smilesjp
    Beginner July 2015
    smilesjp ·
    • Hide content

Yay! We island hopped to Kuramathi for a day and we didn't want to leave, it was stunning! We kind of did the exact same thing and went to Dubai for a few days after, just to soften the blow of the holiday ending. You'll have a fantastic time!

x

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I am jealous. I would go back to Kuramathi in a heartbeat. I did a honeymoon report when I got back.

Hopefully this will work https://www.hitched.co.uk/chat/forums/p/229728/2664197.aspx#2664197

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

Bump for Tracey.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics