Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

D
Beginner June 2012

Maldives or Mauritius for June honeymoon??

Dyli, 28 July, 2011 at 13:56 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 5

Hi all

I'm hoping you may be able to help me. We are going on our honeymoon next June and we really wanted the Maldives or Mauritius but we are worried about the rain fall for that time of year. Has anyone been at this time of year before or has any advice?

Thanks x

5 replies

Latest activity by Iheartbuttons, 14 September, 2011 at 07:35
  • DB Photography
    DB Photography ·
    • Hide content

Hello

Firstly, congratulations and I wish you happy planning for your big day next year.

I have been to both of these destinations around that time of year. I visited the Maldives in late May where you will find it very hot around 90 degrees. It rained for 24 hours on arrival then the weather was great for the rest of the holiday. Mauritius is further south and has it's winter from May to Sept. Daytime temperatures average around 75 although you will get cool winds particularly on the East coast which can make it feel much colder. I found it a little too chilly for my liking especially during the evenings went you needed a jacket or jumper to eat outside. However, rain isn't a problem in Mauritius that time of year.

Personally I'd say if you want heat go to the Maldives - If you're okay with the cooler conditions then Mauritius does have better hotels and service. I was a little disappointed with the beaches in Mauritius, they are not as good as the brochures suggest!

I hope that helps a little. I have found Trip Advisor an excellent source of info - Couples that have recently returned usually comment on the weather they had.

db

• I
    Beginner September 2013
    ipadgirl ·
    • Hide content

• R
    rdad1 ·
    • Hide content

Mauritius is great place to visit. Pleasant whether help full people and great hotels. I must suggest you to visit Mauritius.

• D
    Beginner June 2012
    Dyli ·
    • Hide content

Thank you so much David!

• R
    Beginner April 2012
    robert 25 ·
    • Hide content

I like both the Maldives and Mauritius but if you want to do more, Mauritius is the best bet. Maurice is a little cheaper than the Maldives. However, depending on the season. If you marry in the summer months the Maldives in the UK can be a better option. This is because the temperature is 30-33 degrees for a good round. While Mauritius is only 24 to 25 degrees in the summer months in the UK.

• Iheartbuttons
    Iheartbuttons ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I got married in Mauritius (Maritim hotel) back in 2001 albeit not the same time of month as you want to go.

In 2008 I went to White Sands in Maldives (now Diva resort).

In comparison, Maldives wins hands down without a doubt. If you want paradise, go to the Maldives. As David says, the beaches where I stayed in mauritius were not white sands as the brochure seemed. They were gritty and definitely not white. The sea was also not as warm as the maldives.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics