Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ampy
Beginner October 2013

Malta Meltdown

Ampy, 26 of April of 2013 at 12:00 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 10

We are currently in Malta to sign off on our dream wedding...it is piddling it down and windy as hell. Apparently the weather for when we will be here for the wedding can be pretty similar...we wanted an outside wedding...

I'm now freaking out at the venue we had chosen (note I say had - I have emailed the planners to say we aren't happy with it, thankfully we haven't paid any money over).

Does anyone have any experience of weddings in Malta?

We are looking for a picturesque venue to accommodate 20 adults and 2 children. We did want to be near the sea but I think that's not a necessity now as it is windier near the sea than inland.

We have already booked flights and accommodation for October so we are stuck with that unfortunately (we are tied in to school holidays and I'm not good in the heat so we couldn't do summer).

Ideally we want to get married and have the reception at the same place just so it's easier than transporting people around.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks x

?

?

10 replies

Latest activity by Photo, 3 of May of 2023 at 15:55
  • zoe@hitched
    Dedicated February 2016
    zoe@hitched ·
    • Hide content

Hi Ampy,

We have a real wedding on site that took place in Malta - the couple married at the Torre Paulina - /real-weddings/carla-joe_213

I hope that helps! I'll let our site editor know about your post too as she is very familiar with Malta so may be able to help you out!

Zoe.

• Fran @ Hitched
    Beginner April 2012
    Fran @ Hitched ·
    • Hide content

Hi Ampy,

Malta is a wonderful island and even though it may be bad weather right now, I'm sure it will be glorious on your big day.

Have you ever looked at Palazzo Parisio? It's the ultimate wedding venue for a small wedding and you can have the ceremony and your wedding reception in one place. I can't remeber if it has a sea view, but its a truly beautiful venue that would provide you with an excellent standard of service and amazing opportunities for wedding photography.

My family is from Malta so I'm very familiar with the island and I have been to Palazzo Parisio myself so its worth taking a look at, especially if you are there right now!

The location of it is excellent and the food there is brilliant as well. They also have a garden, so the kids can play if you choose to have your wedding breakfast outside.

I will have a think and see if there is anything else I can come up with.

I am heading over there for a wedding in June!

Fran

• Fran @ Hitched
    Beginner April 2012
    Fran @ Hitched ·
    • Hide content

A few more suggestions on wedding venues in Malta can be found here - https://www.hitched.co.uk/honeymoons/

• Ampy
    Beginner October 2013
    Ampy ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies, we will have a look.

We are meeting our wedding planners today to look around another option. I will have a look at your suggestions and I can then discuss them with our wp's.

We thought opting for abroad would make it an easy option!!

xxx

• S
    Beginner May 2014
    stowe30 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, Im getting married at the Palazzo Pariso on the 2nd May 2014. We love Malta and go every year so it was a no brainer for us. Weather wise, Malta can be quite windy but generally a very nice temp. We went over in January to looks at venues and it was gorgeous, but ive seen pictures from this week and it looks cloudy.

Im not to worried as the Palazzo is so gorgeous inside and out that I will be happy whatever happens

There is a facebook page called im getting married in Malta which ive found very helpful

Good luck with your plans xxx

• D
    Beginner August 2018
    dustystar01 ·
    • Hide content

Oh no, we're looking at malta for sept 2015 but really struggling to find a venue. I had my heart set on a beach wedding but worry about my hair in the wind lol

• LotBot
    Beginner March 2015
    LotBot ·
    • Hide content

There are only a few beaches in Malta anyway for your beach wedding. The ones that do have sand aren't actually natural anyway - did a tourism study tour in Malta last year. I loved it - weather was lovely Smiley smile

• Ampy
    Beginner October 2013
    Ampy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks

We are now sorted x

Good luck with your planning x

• Ampy
    Beginner October 2013
    Ampy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

When we went it was a freakishly bad day apparently - but it was enough to make me jittery.

The wedding planners did have a back-up plan for if the weather was bad but it just didn't feel right to us.

We are opting for the end of October (half-term week) so the weather can be a little more hit and miss. I believe September should be fine weather wise. As Malta is a small island it is breezy all the time - which, if it is quite hot is a blessing.

My piece of advice - ask what their backup plan is if the weather is bad. Better safe than sorry.

I'm so glad we changed our minds - we are now getting married at Castello Zamittello which is truly stunning, and I am getting beyond giddy (apart from family issues but hey ho).

Good luck with your planning x

• Photo
    Malta
    Photo ·
    • Hide content

So great to hear many of British get married in this lovely island!

Good luck to everyone and greeting from 360 video booth Malta team!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics