Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

W
Beginner August 2017

Malta Wedding - Any advice??

welshnat, 26 of June of 2013 at 09:35 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 1

Hello lovely ladies, we have now done a complete U-turn on our big golf club wedding and are trying to decide whether or not to get married in Malta. Do any of you have any experience - good or bad - of getting married or attending a wedding in Malta?

Could anyone recommend any wedding planners in Malta or is going through Thomson or Thomas Cook best?

Is all of the paperwork complicated?

What time of year did you get married? What was the weather like?

How much did your guests have to fork out for flights and hotel?

Sorry for all of the questions, I just trust people's experience over the websites that tell you everything will be amazing and perfect.

Thank you Smiley smile

1 replies

Latest activity by MaltaBride2014, 6 of August of 2013 at 12:58
  • BiscuitBear
    Beginner September 2014
    BiscuitBear ·
    • Hide content

I don't have any experience of a wedding in Malta myself but have just got back from a family holiday on Gozo. The temperatures were in the mid to high 30s... Getting to 38 some days. But I'm not sure if that is usual for Malta or just part of this European heat wave??

We stayed in the Grand Hotel Gozo which we couldn't fault for anything. Had all 3 rooms upgraded for free to sea view rooms and the food was fantastic. In the week we were there they hosted 1 birthday party and 2 wedding receptions, all for local people. That is a good sign, I always feel, if local people use it too.

Don't know if any of this is useful but just thought I would offer some info. Nice to have an excuse to day dream about the weather there instead of face up to the rain that's forecast in Wales the next few days :/

• M
    Beginner June 2014
    MaltaBride2014 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

We are getting married in Malta in June 2014. We are using a wedding planner - Dream Days - and they have been great. I wanted a bit more freedom to have my wedding how I wanted which is why I chose to go with a planner rather than a travel agent.

We have chosen June as it will be about 25-28 degrees (ceremony is at 4pm) which is ideal as our son will be nearly 2 and we will be having a few other young children there.

We have booked a villa for ourselves but our flights are with air malta and costing about £150 each which isn't bad. Hotels you could find one on pretty much any budget and any board basis that your guests want, it depends if you want them to stay in the same place as you or if you don't mind if they stay wherever they want.

There are 3 forms you need to fill in in front of a solicitor and then send them as well as birth certificates and copy passports to the register office in valletta no more then 3 months before the wedding day.

If you are on facebook have a look at this page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/imgettingmarriedinmalta/ (you'll have to request membership as it is private but anyone can join). It's full of brides and suppliers giving advice on getting married in malta either with a planner or going it alone.

Hope that helps.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics