Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Curious October 2022 Caerphilly

Man of Honor help

Kalee, 14 of November of 2021 at 16:55 Posted on Wedding Attire 1 6
Rather then a maid of honor my best friend of 10 years is going to be my man of honor but I don't know what to have him wear. Should I dress him the same as my partners best man Groomsmen? Or should he be in something slightly different? Would love everyone's thoughts xx

6 replies

Latest activity by Ian, 22 of November of 2021 at 11:48
  • K
    Curious July 2023 Lincolnshire
    Kelly ·
    • Hide content
    My boyfriend was man of hour a couple of years ago. The guys were in blue suits, the bridesmaids were in rose gold and dusky pink. My boyfriend wore blue trousers with a pale pink shirt and tie with pink and rose gold in it. He definitely matched with the girls, it looked fab!
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

I have a man of Honour as well as a Maid of Honour, he is wearing the same as the rest of the groomsmen as he is close to my H2B as well. You could have him wear a suit that matches your BM's dresses though so it is clear he is part of the Bride party

• N
    Dedicated May 2022 Somerset
    Nathalie ·
    • Hide content
    I’m having male friends as my bridesmen/man of hour as well. I’m thinking having all male bridal party members (so including the groomsmen) in the same colour suits, but with different colour accessories depending whether they are brides side or grooms side
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

If you're having bridesmaids as well, he could wear the same as the groomsmen but have a tie or shirt that matched the bridesmaids. Otherwise, just stick with what the groomsmen are wearing. I don't think it really matters either way - but I'm not a great fan of splitting up 'bride' and 'groom' parties anyway, because the whole point of a wedding is two people being joined together!

• N
    Savvy June 2023 North Yorkshire
    Nikki ·
    • Hide content
    My friend had a Bridesman at her wedding and he wore the same suit but wore a dickie bow instead of a tie
  • Ian
    Beginner February 2022 Lancashire
    Ian ·
    • Hide content
    I have been a Man of honour, I wore the same colour suit as the groomsmen but all accessories (shirt, tie, button hole, cumber band) matched the bride and the bridesmaids and not the groom.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics