Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Anonbride
Expert July 2023 Cornwall

Man of Honour outfit ideas

Anonbride, 14 of January of 2022 at 16:12 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 6

So I'm having two bridesmaids and a man of honour (who's actually v happy to be called maid but just to distinguish here that I'm dressing a man!), I want to make sure he looks like part of the bridesmaids group rather than being mistaken for having one of the 'traditionally male' roles (i.e. groom, best man, ushers).

The colour scheme is sea and sand - so a pale turquoise/ocean blue and subtle/not to bling-y gold is what we're looking for. At the moment the plan is for the men to be in sand coloured suits with turquoise ties. Bridesmaids will be in turquoise dresses, probably gold sandals too. I'm thinking about a waistcoat in as close a match to the bridesmaids dress colour for MOH but I'm wondering about the tie and rest of the suit... whether this should match the other men or whether he'd blend in too much and not look like a bridesmaid?

(Nothing has been purchased yet so open to all ideas even if it requires a bit of a rejig of the other outfit ideas!)

6 replies

Latest activity by Nicky, 17 of January of 2022 at 13:11
  • Amber
    Savvy November 2022 West Yorkshire
    Amber ·
    • Hide content
    What about a waist coat with the same colour as the bridesmaids or a shirt the same colour? Or the tie with hints of gold in if that’s possible x
  • B
    Savvy April 2023 West Yorkshire
    Becky ·
    • Hide content
    It might not match fully with the BM colours but have you thought about a light blue suit? There are some lovely ones online x
  • T
    Rockstar May 2022 Oxfordshire
    Tamsin ·
    • Hide content
    You could do something their flowers as well as their outfits. I’ve always found a bouquet somewhat annoying when I’ve been a BM, because I wanted to have my hands free to help with things. So my BMs aren’t having bouquets, they’re having pinned corsages (worn in the same place the men will have their buttonholes). If you did something similar you could have your bridesmaids’ corsages/buttonholes in a different design to your ushers’ buttonholes as another way to distinguish between BMs and ushers.
  • Anonbride
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's an interesting idea! Hadn't thought about the whole suit potentially being in the bridemaid colour hmmm... Smiley smile

• Anonbride
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Waistcoat was my initial thought! FH is now thinking he quite likes the idea of just waistcoats and no jackets as we're going boho style beach wedding, so the waistcoat colour would now be more prominent which is handy... Am erring on the groom having the only gold tie (maybe I'd have some gold detail on my veil to match) and and all the other men having the turquoise tie as the rest of their outfit will match the groom... So then then this would mean the MOH would have turquoise waistcoat as well as the turquoise tie turquoise tie, which could be nice?!

• Nicky
    Beginner November 2022 Lancashire
    Nicky ·
    • Hide content

I'm also having a male bridesmaid, as well as one of my girl's wearing a suit. My plan was for them to wear completely different suits than the groomsmen to distinguish. Having the bridesmaids dresses and bridesmaids suits more complimenting to each other and making the groomsmen a little more different to themSmiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics