Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ddpunk
Beginner June 2018

Manchester recommendations - afternoon tea?

Ddpunk, 21 of August of 2014 at 15:31 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 7

I know there's a few manchester otters around, so i need your help! i'm looking for a recommendation, somewhere a bit fancy for afternoon tea - ideally with bubbles! Smiley winking

It's mr ddpunk's birthday in 2 weeks so I need to get organised! I could google but I think its nicer to have a personal recommendation. So any ideas?

7 replies

Latest activity by Erin8, 24 of August of 2014 at 11:01
  • SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

Not very posh, more interesting/quirky, but I LOVE Richmond Tea Rooms - I highly recommend it even if you don't go for this event. Bit of an Alice in Wonderland theme going on - they do bubbles, then you can pop for pints in The Molly House next door Smiley smile

I used to work at The Midland - their afternoon teas are lovely and very posh. V good food though I don't really rate the atmosphere in there.

My friends took me in to Opus One at The Radisson the other day for champers, we didn't have afternoon tea but there were lots around us who were. Looked gorgeous.

Slattery's in Whitefield are amazing for cake, but I was a little disappointed with the food and atmosphere in their cafe, very very busy and we felt a bit like we were on a conveyor belt.

All in all, I would recommend Richmond Tea Rooms in a heart beat.

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

Mmmmmm ..... Richmond Tea Rooms!!!!

I want cake. I so want cake. Fark being a bride!

• Sambarine
    Beginner May 2015
    Sambarine ·
    • Hide content

Seconding Richmond Tea Rooms - its around the corner from us and i have to resist the temptation to pop in All. The. Time.

have also eaten had afternoon tea at Opus One which was amazing and great for people-watching - and Brew Dog is across the street for afters!

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Thirding Richmond Tea Rooms. Amazing.

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

Make sure you reserve, I've never had any luck getting in the Richmond!

I know lots of people who rate the Midland afternoon tea. However if you get the chance on maybe more of a girly or individual day I had the most amazing time at the Bali themed spa in Chinatown - 2 treatments followed by a very light mini afternoon tea - just tiny cakes and scones (no sarnies) and gorgeous herbal teas.

• Ddpunk
    Beginner June 2018
    Ddpunk ·
    • Hide content

Ooh thanks everyone, I found myself nearby today so popped in to Richmond tea rooms! I'm in looooove,.. Can't believe I've never been here. Usually head to the northern quarter for my cake fix (sugar junction! Mmm) Anyway, the cake was alright too, as evidenced by this fat grin!

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

Like!

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content

I have major cake envy now! Glad you had fun

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles