Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Manchester wedding venue with a difference

1 of November of 2014 at 09:16 Posted on Planning 0 17

Hi all,

We're getting married in 2016 and struggling a bit with our venue.

We want something a bit different, which ideally means no hotels, but searching the internet has proved a bit, well, disappointing.

We aren't really sold on the museums or art galleries in Manchester unfortunately, but would love something with a bit of a twist.

We went to see The Old Grammar School in Middleton, which is lovely, but we're not mad keen on the area (I don't mean that to sound snobby, but it's our wedding day, you know?)

So...I wondered whether anyone has any suggestions for a wedding with roughly 75 guests in Manchester, Cheshire or Lancashire please?

Thanks!!

17 replies

Latest activity by RusticBride15, 5 of November of 2014 at 10:30
  • km329
    Savvy August 2021
    km329 ·
    • Hide content

Only slightly outside cheshire but this place is beautiful!!

Been to a couple of wedding here and both have been fab Smiley smile

/trentham-gardens/

• C
    Civil Ceremonies ·
    • Hide content

Although the wedding would be via Mercure the setting is quite different. Nearer to Bolton than Manchester though.

https://www.hitched.co.uk/wedding-venues/mercure-last-drop-village-hotel_82.htm

• F
    Beginner September 2015
    Future*mrsP ·
    • Hide content

Cheadle Hulme school?

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

I take it if you've ruled out the galleries and museums that means you've already considered The Lowry?...

• M
    Beginner May 2015
    Mrs.S-to-be-2015x ·
    • Hide content

Hello,

Have you considered Bolton School? I don't know anything about the area but i always think that looks nice on the pictures Smiley smile

https://www.hitched.co.uk/wedding-venues/bolton-school-weddings-and-events_79.htm

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

I photographed a wedding recently at Dunham Massey, that was a nice venue.

• M
    Beginner June 2015
    MissExcited ·
    • Hide content

Hi!

We're getting married at Tatton Park and friends of mine got married at Quarry Bank, Bowden rooms and Ordsall Hall. All lovely venues, but very different types of places. I also researched into Styal Lodge, Fisherman's Retreat and Dunham Massey. There are tonnes of amazing venues around here! Good luck Smiley smile x

• icklesal
    Beginner April 2015
    icklesal ·
    • Hide content

The Bowden rooms is lovely inside. Can't say I was too impressed with the outside but worth a look because everyone has different opinions on these things. What about Belle Époque in Knutsford, worth checking out

• S
    Beginner December 2016
    sarah121 ·
    • Hide content

There are loads of lovely venues around Manchester but really depends how far you want to travel. We looked at quite a few different things. Bolton School has got a good reputation, highly regarded school in the area but no accommodation. Styal lodge and Sandhole Oak Barn are beautiful but higher end price wise we found and more Cheshire way. Rivington Barn is another lovely place. Really depends if your stuck to city centre or willing to travel! Xxx

• R
    Beginner December 2014
    rambosmum ·
    • Hide content

We were in the same boat as you, we looked at rivington hall barn, and it is stunning, but too expensive for us as was practically every other venue we looked at - what's your budget for venue (food and drink inc) as that'll help with suggestions- I have literally considered hundreds. We ended up booking the Old Grammar School and like you don't much like the area but we get married in December and figured that once you are down the drive you can barely see the area as it's down the hill and we won't be outside. We went to an open day there too and it did look nice done up and it means we could really personalised it. Most places we looked at were insistent we used their venue dressers and stuff.

• Rachael Pereira Photography
    Rachael Pereira Photography ·
    • Hide content

How about The Villa, Wrea Green, Sandhole Oak Barn, Carr Hall Castle, Colshaw Hall. Great Hall at Mains is lovely but might be a bit too far north for you.

• bubblerawk
    Beginner July 2016
    bubblerawk ·
    • Hide content

The Crimble is nice in Rochdale (its in the nice area of Rochdale, if there is one Smiley tongue ) but it might not be what your after

https://thedeckersgroup.com/html/ThePeacockRoom_17.html

• S
    Beginner May 2015
    sarah.jones ·
    • Hide content

Have you had a look at The Atrium at Clitheroe Castle. We are getting married there next May. Jenni is the lady to speak to. Basically you can have anything you like! Its very reasonable & the castle tower & grounds are stunning backdrop for photographs. We are having a humanist ceremony so may actually have the ceremony in the tower. Location is easy to get to from both Burnley and Manchester. Totally know what you mean about the price of some venues! Good luck : )

• RusticBride15
    Beginner June 2015
    RusticBride15 ·
    • Hide content

I second the last drop village in Bolton, i am slightly biased though as that's where we have booked for next year.. The Penny-farthing suite is by far the best one they have (IMO) with the stunning rustic wooden beams on the ceiling its stunning.. the venue itself is stunning, very quirky and as the name of the venue states it is just like a little village, on site there's a jewellers, a tea room, a pub, a toy shop, a hairdressers and a boutique.. The hotel facilities are amazing too, there's an amazing over hanging swimming pool which looks out on to the driveway leading up to the hotels reception.. Definitely worth a look, the wedding co-ordinator there is called Liz Blackmoor.

Good Luck if finding your perfect venue!!

❤️

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics