Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

P
Beginner September 2012

Mandarin/Nehru Collar Ivory Shirts

PhoenixAngelic, 22 February, 2012 at 14:12 Posted on Planning 0 5

We have been informed that the supplier of our groomsmen's shirts has gone out of business! Eeek!

So we are now on the hunt for ivory mandarin/nehru collar shirts. We would prefer to hire but will purchase if necessary as this is a key part of their outfits.

But I need help in finding them so if there are any hitchers who fancy a challenge, or any Suit Hire/Tailor HIBs who can lend a hand, that would be great!

Thank you in anticipation ?

5 replies

Latest activity by PhoenixAngelic, 24 February, 2012 at 13:20
  • lurvlytwink
    Beginner June 2012
    lurvlytwink ·
    • Hide content

Http://www.tomsawyerwaistcoats.co.uk/store/showitemNEHRU-IV.aspx

do you mean this?

• P
    Beginner September 2012
    PhoenixAngelic ·
    • Hide content

Similar but they have a stud button at the top rather than the v-shaped gap. I think it is mandarin collar rather than nehru but some people use both names so I thought I should too (just in case I'm wrong!).

The original manufacturer was Richard Jones but our hire shop says they have gone out of business and I have been unable to reach them myself either.

Have found one potential supplier via ebay but the shirts are 'mixed fibres' (feels like a silk mix) so not quite as the originals (which were poly/cotton mix) and with a double cuff.

I'm hoping that perhaps a hire shop or several hire shops might have a couple left in stock that they'd be willing to hire out or sell.

• BespokeTailor
    BespokeTailor ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Sorry I haven't replied earlier.

Richard Jones are having problems at the moment. They are currently looking for a buyer, I am pretty sure they have some stock, but cannot get any new stock. I will call them in the morning and see if they have any of those shirts. Obviously if your supplier has already called them and they haven't got any stock, then I am afraid you will not get them.

The other formal wear/hire shirt suppliers are Colin Ross, HireWearInternational (HWI) and Simpson & Ruxton. (Their may be others that I am not aware of too) I am reasonably sure none of them now stock that style of shirt. I have had a look on their websites and they do not show that style any more but I will call and see if they have any thing in the warehouse.

You may be lucky enough to find a shop that still has stock of the Richard Jones shirts, it is just a case of emailing around as many menswear hire shops as possible.

I will make some calls tomorrow and post on here. I would not hold out much hope though. It is not really a style of shirt anyone is using at the moment and with Richard Jones having problems, you may have a serious issue finding them.

Can I ask why you need that style of shirt?

Thanks

Marc

• P
    Beginner September 2012
    PhoenixAngelic ·
    • Hide content

Marc, thanks so much for your response on this and the info re Richard Jones.

We need that style of shirt because we have a semi-oriental theme to the wedding and don't want to go down the nehru suit route (bit too Beetles meets naff Kung Fu movies for us to be honest - no offence to anyone who does like them).

It was the one thing my lovely and very tolerant H2B stipulated he wanted and I'm desperate to make sure he can have that so any help you can muster would be greatly appreciated.

• BespokeTailor
    BespokeTailor ·
    • Hide content

Hi Phoenix,

Sorry about this but i'm afraid i've had no luck. I am getting no answer on the phone from RJ (and I have a few numbers). My other suppliers do not have that shirt at all I am afraid.

So I guess I can only recommend emailing retailers to see if they have any stock.

Anthonys Formal Wear in Billericay

Hugh Harris in Woking

Couture Pour Homme in Hornchurch

Mr Saville in Brentwood

1860 Greenwoods

Slaters

Formally Yours

Youngs

Moss Bros

Formal Affair

Swarbicks

I am sure there are a million more but if you send them an email and this pic. You might come up with something.

Sorry

Marc

x

• P
    Beginner September 2012
    PhoenixAngelic ·
    • Hide content

No need for apologies Marc - you've been super helpful!

I'll follow up with the retailers you've listed plus any others I can come across.

Many many thanks for your advice

Phoenix

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics