Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Beginner January 2014

manzanita tree

1981Bride, 2 of July of 2012 at 21:46 Posted on Planning 0 9

I just want to ask if anyone is having these as there centerpieces?

Im having a little bit of trouble. I ordered a 75cm one and it looks naff, a little to much on the skinny side. I want a actual tree on my tables.....lol

9 replies

Latest activity by jules40, 4 of July of 2012 at 14:34
  • hazyclaire
    Beginner November 2012
    hazyclaire ·
    • Hide content

Oh this is what I've been looking for since we started planning the wedding, I didn't know they had an actual name lol! I haven't been very successful in finding them though, where have you ordered yours from?

Will be watching this post with interest!

Beginner January 2014
    1981Bride ·
    • Hide content

Hi hazyclaire

I ordered one from elite florist supplies, but it has arrived looking a little to skinny. The other website im looking at is www.decorativebranches.co.uk. the ones on this website look like they have more branches.

i might have to order another one, im going to end up with lots of odd looking trees all around the flat lol

• hazyclaire
    Beginner November 2012
    hazyclaire ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We have a vase full of random branches from the local woods sprayed silver lol!

Thanks I will check out those websites

How are you going to decorate them? I've been thinking of crystals, butterflies, candles...

Beginner January 2014
    1981Bride ·
    • Hide content

I think a trip down to the forest is planned for wednesday.

i would like them in white pots with table crystals in the pot and hanging glass bauble tealights. our wedding is in january so everything is white, diamonds and candles. im going to get the trees first and then start buying the other bits.

im also waiting for a response form someone in the U.S, they harvest manzanita trees......but they dont normally dispatch to the uk.

• hazyclaire
    Beginner November 2012
    hazyclaire ·
    • Hide content

Oh that sounds lovely! We're November so it will go dark during the reception so I definitely want some kind of lights.

I ordered some branches with fairy lights too, however not sure how I would hang things on them...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380421595226?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_3236wt_1037

Beginner January 2014
    1981Bride ·
    • Hide content

Yeah thats a tricky one. the twigs with the lights are not bendable so it might look a little stiff.

ive sat here all night and ive found a website that hire out manzanita trees for £35.00. they have all sorts on their website. very excited.

hazyclaire they also have birch trees for hire, you might also like them.

• J
    jules40 ·
    • Hide content

[View:https://www.hitched.co.uk/chat/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/27/1641.amanda-and-scott_5F00_20110925_5F00_4931.jpg.eml:550:0]

Beginner January 2014
    1981Bride ·
    • Hide content

What is this last post????????

• hazyclaire
    Beginner November 2012
    hazyclaire ·
    • Hide content

£35?! That seems like such a lot of money for 8 tables, I may have to re-think... x

• J
    jules40 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sorry I thought I had posted a photo of brilliant table decorations made out of twigs!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics