Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

LuxuriousGreenCars6221
Beginner March 2021

March 2021..

LuxuriousGreenCars6221, 5 of November of 2020 at 17:03 Posted on Planning 0 12

Anyone else got their wedding booked for next March? How're you feeling about it? I'm not too optimistic at the moment.

12 replies

Latest activity by April21Bride, 8 of November of 2020 at 18:52
  • T
    Dedicated September 2021 East Central London
    Theorganisedbride ·
    • Hide content
    Mine is the beginning of May 2021, so a little bit after yours, but not much. There are definitely some March and April 2021 brides on here though. I think generally the feeling here is to try and stay optimistic if possible, and decide/amend plans closer to the time depending what the situation and rules looks like. However none of us can predict what Spring will look like, so ultimately it’s a personal decision. I have optimistic days and I have pessimistic days.... my OH is more optimistic about it all which helps!!!

BUT at the same time, I’m also mentally preparing myself for a postponement for the party/reception. I’m really praying we can actually legally/religiously marry on the planned May date, even if it’s just with the 6 people rule. That’s what’s most important to me at the moment.
  • April21Bride
    Rockstar July 2021 West London
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    I’m an April 21 bride!
    I echo the bride above - just staying positive. So much can change overnight with this government.

We’ve agreed that as long as weddings can take place we will get married even if it ends up being the us, parents and siblings at a registry.
    Main thing is focus on the things in your control X
  • HotDiggityDamn83
    Savvy August 2021 Cardiff
    HotDiggityDamn83 ·
    • Hide content

HELLO! Yes, end of March here.

So glad to find another March Bride. Have no idea what to do.

We've ordered the invites and are ready to send those out but may need to include a caveat about it may have to be family only if they reduce numbers for Weddings.

It's difficult as the majority of guests would be travelling in as families all live elsewhere - but the hotel we're getting married at aren't doing refunds if they need to cancel. There are other hotels nearby but I don't want people to waste money.

What are you thinking of doing?

Groom doesn't want to postpone/move the date and wants to go ahead with the date if possible.

• LuxuriousGreenCars6221
    Beginner March 2021
    LuxuriousGreenCars6221 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Were only going small. If we can have 15 people & food, we’re planning on going ahead ?
  • HotDiggityDamn83
    HotDiggityDamn83 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Cool - what have you booked so far?

We've only booked the venue, florist and registrar - need to get our skates on!

• April21Bride
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Venue, registrar, marriage license, photographer, florist, hair and make up plus picked wedding dress and bridesmaids outfit.

Waiting on numbers etc before worrying about if we have a cake.
    Absolutely loving my excel spreadsheet right now ?
  • HotDiggityDamn83
    HotDiggityDamn83 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow that's organised! I am usually extremely organised but we've been saying "let's see what's happening" since lockdown and now I can't believe it's 5 months away.

Got my invites now though and they look lovely.

• April21Bride
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s amazing! I’m sure they are gorgeous.

We might not end up doing paper invites - unless restrictions lift. But once we decided we’d be getting married no matter what on 24th April I pushed ahead.
    So excited to become a wifey! 23 weeks (yesterday) and counting ?
  • HotDiggityDamn83
    HotDiggityDamn83 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

How many people are you planning on having?

• April21Bride
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We initially wanted 60 for the full day ie close family and friends only (we are having 2 events - a Yoruba traditional event for my extended family and our actual wedding day which has helped keep the peace as I have a very big family) but with all this craziness we’ve had to rank our guests - keeping everything crossed that only we will ever need to know that rank.

What about you?
  • HotDiggityDamn83
    HotDiggityDamn83 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We planned for 50 in the day and an additional 20 in the evening. However, don't know yet if they're going to reduce numbers to 30 so not sure what to do.

We've told everyone the dates ... but I suppose now I need to start booking cake, photographer, buy the rings etc ... I asked a cake maker for a quote for 30 people and 60 people!

My friend from work is getting married in September next year abroad, she already has her dress, apparently a traditional wedding dress takes several months to make. I'd look ridiculous in a long floaty dress so think I've found something online. Have you got your dress?

• April21Bride
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We’ve done that for most of ours as well- so lucky vendors are being so helpful about this.

Yep, bought my dress. It’s traditional I guess- Justin Alexander. I only found it last weekend and the boutique say it will be ready by start of April incl alterations etc. I think it’s only if you are getting a dress from abroad that it takes ages (or if your boutique is very busy). Can’t see the point in getting your dress too early as you’ll have to store it.
    Those are good numbers. I think people know to be flexible given all the craziness. Fingers crossed we get our numbers. ????

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics