Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

butterpopcorn
Beginner April 2013

Marks and Spencers Wedding Cake

butterpopcorn, 13 May, 2012 at 18:58 Posted on Planning 0 11

Anyone had a Marks and Spencers Wedding Cake? How was it?

Thanks ?

11 replies

Latest activity by Hypnopoison, 14 May, 2012 at 21:12
  • ladyzoot
    Beginner August 2012
    ladyzoot ·
    • Hide content

Hello,

We were thinking of getting one. We got a 'taster' set, and it was all fine, but nothing amazing - the icing was a little bit hard, and the chocolate cake was slightly dry, but the fruit cake and the madeira sponge were both nice. The taster set is only £6 if you want to try it. We are looking at other options but might just end up with an M&S one.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

We had the individual tiers and it was lovely.

They often do 3 for 2 on these as well so even cheaper.

Word of note though, they are only a few inches deep so look better on a cake stand rather than stacked on top of each other, in my opinion!

• M
    Beginner May 2013
    misslizm ·
    • Hide content

My friends had an M&S cake last year at their wedding and I know they were very happy with it. I didn't taste it, but it certainly looked nice Smiley smile

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

I spent about 5 years as a chef after i left school and probably had to cut up over 200 wedding cakes over that period.....you would be suprised how many 'proffesional' wedding cakes that the poor bride and groom had spent hundred of pounds on were unfit to serve...either burnt, mouldy, to dry (crumbing like sand) raw/undercooked i could go on....on many occasions we had to send a member of staff down to the local M&S to buy some of their wedding cakes to serve to save the embaressment of the bride and groom......The moral of the story M&S cakes are reliable, good value and a safe option.

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Every M&S wedding cake I've tasted has been really, really good.

We;ve gone for 4 tiers for that very reason.

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

I love their cakes, have just finished eating one of their individual luxury fruit cubes with a cuppa yummy! I think these are the same as the weding cakes.

• BlossomJ
    Beginner July 2014
    BlossomJ ·
    • Hide content

Oh no, you lot have got me craving chocolate ganache now ? just had a look at the cakes!! I love the look of the rose one!

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I can confirm that that particular cake is delicious, having sampled some at a wedding last year!

• butterpopcorn
    Beginner April 2013
    butterpopcorn ·
    • Hide content

Great info everyone, thanks!! I like the look of this one -

• Hypnopoison
    Beginner September 2012
    Hypnopoison ·
    • Hide content

My OH sister had one last year (the white chocolate ganache one with roses on it) and it was really lovely. We are also prob going to have either Waitrose or M&S cake x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics