Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner

Marquee advice for July wedding?

rusticbride2b, 2 of September of 2014 at 13:31 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi everyone,

I'm getting married in July next year on a farm. i am hoping for really good sunny weather as we want the whole thing to be an outdoor, rustic, picnic style theme with people eating on picnic blankets. We have borrowed some long trestle tables and benches however for use in case we need to eat inside the marquee, which we've also borrowed. It's one of the big double white pole marquees (sorry not sure what size but fits up to 100). It is unlined and there is no flooring.

Can anyone give me some advice on what i absolutely MUST have in case of bad weather, and of course to make it all look pretty? I've already thought of LED fairy lights and bunting. I wasn't going to bother with a lining as we'll wrap ribbons round the poles in a sort of maypole style. But what about the floor - is matting ok, or should I go for hardwood? Will I need a heater etc?

Really trying to keep costs down as our budget is non existent ha!

3 replies

Latest activity by rusticbride2b, 3 of September of 2014 at 12:14
  • M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

If it rains the matting won't be enough. Good flooring and toilets are the only things you can't avoid! If you are having a DJ they will have some specific requirements for power too.

• R
    Beginner
    rusticbride2b ·
    • Hide content

Ah yes forgot about the power. We are having an acoustic band so no electric needed for that, fairy lights are solar. We are having a hog roast though, not sure if they need power? We will hire the 'posh loos' though i haven't started looking round for those yet so not sure if they need power either. The only other thing I can think is for the laptop as i will have a playlist for in between our band sets. Seems a bit ott to hire a £500+ generator for a bit of laptop power tho :0

Thanks for the hardwood tip. I was thinking we may have to suck it up and get that as wouldn't want a mudbath!

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

From an aesthetic point of view go harcore on the fairy lights, always looks gorgeous, if its mega hot you might be more likely to need a fan than a heater, marquees trap a lot of heat

• R
    Beginner
    rusticbride2b ·
    • Hide content

Thanks, didn't think of the marquee getting hot!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics