Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Marquee Bunting

13 August, 2012 at 16:11 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi,

Is anyone having / had a marquee wedding and wished to have bunting?

If so, did you do it yourself and how easy was it? I've seen some on ebay - but wondering if its something I need to get someone in to do or not.

7 replies

Latest activity by Lemon Violet, 15 August, 2012 at 14:29
  • Flamin Nora
    Beginner August 2013
    Flamin Nora ·
    • Hide content

I'm having a marquee wedding and making my own bunting.

Since we got engaged, 1 1/2 years ago I've gotten everybody to collect material in our colours, mostly duvets from charity shops, and I'm still making the stuff!

It's pretty easy but time consuming.

• Flamin Nora
    Beginner August 2013
    Flamin Nora ·
    • Hide content

I've got a wedding planner and decorator people with the venue.

• D
    Beginner June 2013
    dwindlingsun ·
    • Hide content

We're decorating a village hall, so I'm currently making my own using various material that I have collected. I have found these intructions really useful Smiley smile

http://www.myhomemadehappy.com/tutorial-how-to-make-bunting/

I would recommend use a larger triangle pattern than suggested as they turn out quite small.

• S
    Beginner July 2013
    sparkle52 ·
    • Hide content

I am doing bunting for my marquee. Borrowed MIL sewing machine and finding it pretty simple. Got a lot to make though but figure as long as make some each week will get there. I've bought my fabric off ebay and think will prob come to c£60 by time am done. Aiming for 100m of bunting.

Have bought pinking shears, material, binding to link the flags. Chosen 4 fabrics, and got 4m of each, double sided flags and can get c. 20 flags from each metre. I basically bought a test metre and calculated how many flags could make and then how many metres those flags make.

There is a website called bunting queen which has a bunting calculator which says how many metres you would need depending on how you hang it!

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

Get the guests to make it!

For a friends wedding, we each got a triangle of bunting sent with the invite. The instructions were to use it as a guest book of sorts & decorate in any way we wanted. We then brought them on the wedding day & they were all put across the 2 doors, pegged up.

Some had just be written on in felt pen, others have been embroided, some were glittery & had things glues on. It made for a unique thing that fitted her weddind theme well & she has it put up in a room in their home now.

• S
    Beginner July 2013
    sparkle52 ·
    • Hide content

Wow love this idea! how cute!

• L
    Lemon Violet ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

My daughter is making bunting for her sister`s wedding next month. It is Alice so she is using felt and cutting the suits of playing cards and stitching it onto ribbon. You could cut it out and use wonder web to iron it to ribbon to avoid stitching if you prefer.

Hope that helps

lynne

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics