Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mrs P 2 B
Beginner January 2012

Marquee - How are you dressing yours??

Mrs P 2 B, 16 May, 2011 at 13:20 Posted on Planning 0 6

As the title says...

My mum keeps telling me I need height on the tables otherwise it'll look bear.. but I was thinking I could hang bunting then have birdcages with a candle on the table? I have no picture but it looks nice in my head ?

I have no idea how much people spend on centre pieces but I have 11+ tables and worried flowers will be a bomb.

I like the vintage feel and my colour is plum so any ideas are welcomed

6 replies

Latest activity by MrsJenLarkin, 5 August, 2011 at 22:14
  • Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content

The only problem with height at the table is people can't see each other. I think the birdcage idea is lovely and prob cheaper than flowers. But that all depends on what flowers you pick I suppose. Mine were first quoted at £44 per table but I just talked them down (cheaper flowers, more green filler) now they are £24 with 6 tables to do.

We had a issue as we are having big round table in the marquee with a watering can with flowers in it. Needed more color so I am making paper pom poms to put in jars to place around these. Quite a vintage homemade feel to it.

Have you tried googling to ideas you have and seeing if any pics show up?

• sara.jo
    Beginner June 2011
    sara.jo ·
    • Hide content

My venue said to me height looks better, but then said in the summer months they like all the sides of the marquee open so I would have to have very heavy vases in case they knock over. It all seemed to cost more to have height. We are doing our centrepieces ourselves. We have bought strong wicker baskets from Ikea (£4) and in each one, am putting four potted plants. Then the girls on that table each takes one home at the end of the night. There isnt much height. I dont think any marquee will look bare one all the guests are in there. Google some marquee pics. I think the lower table displays actually look nicer.

HTH

• bls14
    Beginner September 2011
    bls14 ·
    • Hide content

We are having loads and loads of bunting everywhere!!! Ivy up the poles in the middle and like others have said hoping for the sides to be up if nice day.

Our centre pieces are mismatch of teapots and the like from charity shops and car boots with herbs and lavender in!

We have lots of little lights everywhere and also downlighters the marquee company put in.

Like you say once all set up it will come together!

• bls14
    Beginner September 2011
    bls14 ·
    • Hide content

Oooh Enterflora HI DATE TWIN!!

• NorahS
    NorahS ·
    • Hide content

There are some interesting ideas about how to style a wedding marquee at www.myweddingmarquee.com

Sharon

• MrsJenLarkin
    Beginner January 2012
    MrsJenLarkin ·
    • Hide content

* I've just posted this is a similar topic, so just copied and pasted *

I had a marquee wedding and kept everything very simple, With the exception to the stuff I created and made.

Here are a few photos from our wedding photos to show you how we decorated the marquee.

Our marquee from full view, although you can't see, my Dad make some Huge pots of flowers for the entrance to the marquee

Our layout of table inside. We had plain ivory table linen and napkins. Tall centrepeices.

My homemade napkin rings, favour boxes and name backs for the chairs:

We also had a star light celing over the dance for, and looked amazing on the evening time:

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics