Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Keltickurse
Beginner March 2011

Marquee in March?

Keltickurse, 25 of January of 2010 at 21:56 Posted on Planning 0 2

I just wondered if anyone can advise on this?

The venue I am thinking of using only provides a marquee for receptions, it is a permenant structure and contains heaters and seems to be pretty strong structurally - the venue assures us there were no problems in the storms last summer.

My problem is that I want to book this venue in March in order to take advantage of their winter savings.

I currently have the venue provisionally booked for March 19th 2011 and I'm a little concerned that it will be too cold.

Has anyone had a marquee this early in the year? and can advise?

2 replies

Latest activity by Keltickurse, 25 of January of 2010 at 23:33
  • Tony Lewis HIB
    Tony Lewis HIB ·
    • Hide content

Hey Keltickurse,

There are a couple of permanent Marquees I can think of that we play quite regularly for christmas parties, so we're talking November / December. Whilst undoubtedly the ambient temperature is colder and your guests will be cold if going outside for a cigarette or a breath of fresh air etc, the temperature inside is usually good provided that their heating systems are good. Remember too that most guests will have had plenty to eat and drink and hopefully some will dance the night away - as absurd as it sounds, the presence of people keeps the temperature inside up too!

It won't be as pleasant as a summer's evening marquee, but it shouldn't be a disaster. If your venue has a proven track record and a good reputation in the area then they wouldn't choose to have a marquee as a permanent installation if it wasn't going to be useable in the colder months - it wouldn' t be financially viable or do their reputation any good.

My 10p worth.

Tony

RS

• Amethyst
    Beginner October 2010
    Amethyst ·
    • Hide content

Can you visit it soon and see how they are geared up for the colder weather? We are having a marquee attached to the barn we get married in. It's a permanent structure and has heaters etc so should be fine. We get married in October!

• Keltickurse
    Beginner March 2011
    Keltickurse ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all your help guys

Amethyst,

we visited it this evening, the outer area (bar etc) was cold - the inner area seemed warm enough however we were both all wrapped up for winter.

The good thing is it's right by the sea so that should help keep it warmish, i'm just a bit worried (mainly because my dad told me i shouldn't get a tent in winter.)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics