Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner June 2024 Bristol

Marquee or tipi?!

Amy, 8 of May of 2023 at 20:19 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 7
Hi all,

Looking for any tips or advice as I start to plan my wedding for 2024 .. we’ve secured a field with a gorgeous view across the sea near Falmouth, Cornwall but I’m now torn between a marquee or a tipi.
The marquee would provide panoramic views across the water with see through sides and lots of light. However the tipi photos look darker insider but would be so unique and has the ‘wow’ factor!
Has anyone had these on their big day or been as guests to either type of wedding? Anything I’m not thinking about that I should be considering?!
Thanks in advance!

7 replies

Latest activity by Anna, 1 of August of 2023 at 21:17
  • S
    Rockstar July 2024 Cumbria
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    Hi Amy! I’m having a a tipi wedding and I just love how gorgeous and rustic it is. But the marquee sounds so beautiful if you want the views. I’ve not been to any but I would say think of what you want from your day? If you want rustic vibes I would 100% go with the tipi. If you want more elegant and light the marquee. Think of the decor before you decide, your vision? Our tipi is still elegant but it fits the theme we are going for. Festival meets wedding. Not sure if this is what you’re asking for in the last part “anything I should be considering”? Think of every last detail when you’re doing your wedding yourself. I assume you’re just hiring the venue as a DIY? Catering? Do they supply cutlery? Plates? Napkins? Bins for waste? Glassware? Do you need a planner to decorate or do you have time to do it yourself? Sorry if that’s not what you’re asking. But write down everything you need in a wedding and score out what doesn’t mean anything to you and your partner. We are having the best fun doing it but luckily ours is an actual venue with tables, chairs, dance floor etc so we didn’t have to go down that route (we would have) but the rest of it is completely up to us. Your location sounds beautiful.
  • A
    Amy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for your advice!
  • A
    Amy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks so much for your perspective!
  • Anonbride
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content

I'm also getting married in Cornwall and I think the sea views are everything!!! I think if the tipi means you won't get to appreciate the views, I'd go for the marquee - especially if you're getting married in summer because then you'll have long days where you'll appreciate the views right into sunset at about 9pm (if a winter wedding with shorter days I'd probably go tipi because it'll be dark so much earlier)

• A
    Amy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks so much!
  • A
    Amy ·
    • Hide content
    Thanks Melissa - great tip on the flooring!
  • Anna
    Beginner July 2023 East Sussex
    Anna ·
    • Hide content
    Hi, message me. We just did a wedding like this and can give some insight!Marquee or tipi?! 1

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics