Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner June 2015

Marquee Wedding - Noise restrictions?

RichyP, 16 of June of 2014 at 09:43 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi all,

my partner and I have finally set a date after nearly 9 years engaged Smiley smile

We are hoping to have a marquee based wedding on a relatives private gardens.

I was wondering if anyone knows anything about noise restrictions for a private party on private land - Does there become a point when you need to get permission from councils etc to run past 11pm?

thanks Smiley smile

3 replies

Latest activity by traleegirl, 16 of June of 2014 at 13:13
  • Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

If you're hiring a dj or private bar company they should know. My friend had her daughter's wedding in her garden so she must have got some kind of permission. They used a wedding planner though, so she would have sorted it.

If you've been considering a wedding planner now is the time to book one!

• H
    Beginner July 2016
    HeavyMetalMaiden ·
    • Hide content

That might be a question for the council, as each one can differ. Here, I think it depends on where the land is, for example if we had the reception on my Dad's land, we could have loud music until 12am, due to it being so far out of the way, whereas the pub in town who puts on a mini-festival outdoors has to cut off the music at 11pm due to neighbours.

HTH

• thespectrumband@hotmail.co.uk
    thespectrumband@hotmail.co.uk ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

It does have a bearing on how far any neighbours are away from the marquee. In many cases neighbours are invited then there's not usually a problem!

If you're not that friendly then speak to neighbours first informing them of your wedding plans and ask if they have any objections.

In an area which is highly populated music could run until 11pm without many problems. (This is not usually the case with marquees though.) If it's in the middle of the countryside the restrictions are far more flexible.

We would suggest contacting your local council who will give you information regarding their noise policy, as it does vary across the country.

Happy planning!

James

The Spectrum.

• T
    Beginner May 2014
    traleegirl ·
    • Hide content

We had our marquee in our village pub garden. We made a polite notice to all the surrounding houses saying what was going on and that the dj would finish at midnight......never had any complaints.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics