Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Savvy June 2021 Mid Glamorgan

Married with 30 guests - should we do a round 2?

Lovestoned21, 6 of July of 2021 at 16:38 Posted on Planning 0 1
Hiya,

Our wedding was June 14th (it was our 3rd date due to the pandemic) and it was the most wonderful day.
On a high after the wedding, we were chatting about having an anniversary party next year and inviting everyone that would have been there, had there not been a restriction on numbers and using some of the decor we had at the wedding (doughnut wall, photo display except with photos from the wedding) and kind of for those that did go to have a bit of a reunion as everyone got on. Also, the groom's sister couldn't come as she lives on Australia but maybe next year she could.
I have proper wedding blues now that we are back in work and I'm just wondering if there is any point in a party next year. Our wedding was what it was and it was actually perfect, so I don't know whether we should bother doing a round 2? I wouldn't be wearing my wedding dress again and we wouldn't be having like a wedding, just a party with a buffet and not at a wedding venue as such.
Just wondering if anyone who planned to have a second celebration has moved away from the idea?
My husband is awful for just going along with what I say so he doesn't seem too bothered about it. But then should we have a celebration for those that couldn't be there? I feel a bit lost without something to plan, I think that's the reason I'm overthinking it! I think if I was a guest, I'd be like omg they are having another wedding that I have to go to 🙈

1 replies

Latest activity by Sarah, 6 of July of 2021 at 21:41
  • Sarah
    Dedicated September 2020 West Sussex
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    Hi firstly congratulations!

We got married in September with 30 and were able to have a garden party after for our reception (it was literally the weekend before rule of 6 started so we were really lucky). We had planned to do an anniversary party this year and still had our venue and all our suppliers booked in.
    But when we sat down and talked about it we loved our wedding day and even though it wasn’t what we imagined it was amazing and all the really important people were there with us. We want to move to a bigger house next year and all the money sitting in the wedding fund we decided was a lot to spend on a party for the benefit of everyone else at the end of the day. So we decided to cancel.
    Everyone was so understanding and happy that we are doing the right thing for us. We lost a bit on deposits but none of the big bills had been paid so it was 100% the right decision for us.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics