Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner February 2009

Marryoke - anybody done or doing this?

kelly_070209, 14 October, 2008 at 14:45 Posted on Planning 0 23

We had photographer/videographer came round last night & told us about marryoke...in case u as well not heard of it, basically what is, the videographer gets each person to mime a line from a song and films them, then after wedding he pieces them all together, put it on end of wedding video so it plays song & shows your guests miming it.

Not sure what I think about this, wondered what everyone elses opinions are. In case that doesnt make any sense if you type marryoke into you tube it will show videos.

Kelly x

23 replies

Latest activity by SaraBroad, 6 February, 2013 at 22:26
  • The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content

Never heard of it before.

To be honest it sounds a little tacky, but without seeing it I wont know for sure. I best have a look at it then

• bluewater
    Beginner August 2009
    bluewater ·
    • Hide content

I have heard of this. honestly? it's not for me, and i love a bit of cheesy music. i think it depends on your guests and whether they would feel comfortable doing it. i know my friends would think it was a bit tacky, and probably look and feel really uncomfortable in front of a camera miming to a song. i thought the tragedy one with them all in the church was actually a bit crass..... ?

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

I saw an example of this at the last wedding fair I was at. They were all singing Perfect day and it did look awful.....

• K
    Beginner February 2009
    kelly_070209 ·
    • Hide content

I kinda have same ideas as you, when he said it at first, I thought thats quite a nice idea...then I looked on youtube & quickly changed my mind. I also just emailed my friend & she said, no offence but im not miming in front of a camera!

May have to convince H2B its not a very good idea, I think what is appealing to him is they are not going to charge us any extra. They also do a video diary as well for no extra cost, wondering if people are actually going to do this either!

Kelly x

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

Oooo video diarys could be a bad idea too.... people might drunkenly reveal stuff.... not a good idea.

• K
    Beginner February 2009
    kelly_070209 ·
    • Hide content

I thought that as well, but one good thing is the videographer told us when he is sorting out the video he actually cuts out any inappropriate bits for the final video - the ones family may want a copy so only ones that would see it is me and H2B on the raw footage.

Again it might be something I need to think about

Kelly x

• milna
    Beginner May 2009
    milna ·
    • Hide content

Hmmmm - I dont think I'm a fan of the idea. But then I kind of don't 'get' wedding videos in general .... when do you watch them and who do you show them too? I can't imagine anything cringier than sitting through watching someones wedding video - I love weddings, but I think they're one fo those things where you 'have to be there' to appreciate it - A one of, fantastic, memorable day which you can't recreate, and wedding videos feel (to me) like a bit of an uncomfortable attempt at doing just this.

Photos on the other hand are great - a snapshot foir memories of a day that will never be relived. And you can put them up in frames at home so that everyone can check out how stunning you look with nice hair and pretty dress ?. Wedding albums can also be leafed through by anyone who shows and interest, rather than a wedding video which conjoures up images for me of ... 'sit here and watch this! Shhh! No talking!'

• The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content

I just looked at this on youtube, and I'm sorry to say I think it looks awful. Sorry ?

• K
    Beginner February 2009
    kelly_070209 ·
    • Hide content

No need to say sorry Zippy, to be honest im glad everyone has same opinion of it, will convince H2B to stay well clear

Thanks all

Kelly x

• bygeorge
    bygeorge ·
    • Hide content

Sorry, just had a look on you tube and I have to agree with everyone else. Apart from anything else, by the time I'd got all the photos out of the way I couldn't have been bothered with all the choreography involved to complete the marryoke!

• Consuela Banana Hammock
    Consuela Banana Hammock ·
    • Hide content

Dreadful. I can imagine a lot of guests feeling really uncomfortable and maybe even refusing? And I wouldn't want to make my guests feel that way, so personally, I'd steer well clear.

• KEG
    Beginner February 2009
    KEG ·
    • Hide content

I have seen this on the wedding channel (dont tell the other half!), They seem to have a different one at the end of a programme, I saw tragedy being done, and it was. Not for me but everybodys different.?

• AussieAngelxxx
    Beginner June 2009
    AussieAngelxxx ·
    • Hide content

Okay I must have a cheese filling cos it sounds so groovy to me!!! Honestly if it was at the end of the vid as a sort of "credits" song I think it sounds great! But I see I am the only one!! hehe

xxx

• K
    Beginner
    kentishbride ·
    • Hide content

I dont think 95% of my wedding guests would agree to do it so im afriad it woul be a big fat no from me!! sorry x

• Stupidgirl45
    Beginner July 2009
    Stupidgirl45 ·
    • Hide content

God sorry but just like most people on here, I think this hysterical and far too OTT and even the groom/brides look a little uncomfortable!

Why don't you ask for them to take some money off or give you something else free so you're not missing out?

• ruthy_wuthy
    Beginner September 2009
    ruthy_wuthy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WSS. I think it sounds like fun! And I would definitely be up for miming along a song at someone else's wedding!!

• Melancholie
    Beginner December 2014
    Melancholie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

For me, the wedding DVD was quite important. We had to bring our wedding forward a year because my Dad was terminally ill and that meant that some of my family, who live in America, couldn't come and neither could some of H's family, who live in Australia. The DVD of the wedding means that H's family in Australia can see the wedding when the PIL visit them next month, and my family in America can see it when Mum visits early next year.

Dad died 11 days after the wedding, so the DVD also means I have some video footage of my Dad that both Mum and I can look back on whenever we want to. It's the only moving image text we have of Dad and for that reason is completely priceless. H didn't want one originally, but now says he's really glad we did it and it's one of the most important things we had done on the day.

• N
    Beginner November 2008
    Nutsy40 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think it would be great fun and know I would have to drag at least 1/2 of my guests away from the video camera..........but you know your guests and if they wouldn't like it then don't go for it.

H x

• Mintyslippers
    Mintyslippers ·
    • Hide content

Its all about choice and taste. Personally I dont think we would ever do one (as a videographer) as it is a million miles away from our filming style. But some can do them well, Wicked Days productions have done one to amarillo but dont it right, very funny and professional. Others are pretty awful but some people really like it. Best bit is you have so many videographers with their own styles to choose from you can find somone which suits you.

Try and pick your own song if you do it. Be unique and make it special as most offer a choice of Build me up buttercup and amarillo.

• Little.Miss-Scatterbrain
    Beginner September 2009
    Little.Miss-Scatterbrain ·
    • Hide content

I've just watched the perfect day one one you tube and it's hilarious!!! Think it would be a good laugh but tacky if people were taking it seriously.

• AliLindsey
    Beginner November 2009
    AliLindsey ·
    • Hide content

Oh my god. I've just had a look on youtube. This is just awful!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm6-vA2Px7I&feature=related

And from reading the comments, they're now divorced!

Something to steer well clear of I think!

• Little.Miss-Scatterbrain
    Beginner September 2009
    Little.Miss-Scatterbrain ·
    • Hide content

That tragedy one is horrendous!!!

• SaraBroad
    Beginner December 2012
    SaraBroad ·
    • Hide content

Ours was a second wedding - so lots of grown up bridesmaids - it was great fun. Please feel free to be critical, but I am so glad we did the marryoke http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bsqEz3yvZI

Happy to chat about this

Sara x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics