Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner July 2015

Martini glass centerpieces with feathers

MrsB2015, 1 of July of 2014 at 22:49 Posted on Planning 0 1

I really want to do a red and black feather theme with my centerpieces but how would I keep the feathers in? Do you think sand would hold them or would I need oasis? My only problem is you would see oasis through the glasses so was thinking coloured sand.

any suggestions?

xx

1 replies

Latest activity by *J9*, 2 of July of 2014 at 09:56
  • overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Our daughter had magenta and black ostrich feather centrepieces which I did for her but I made them in tall black ceramic vases which had oasis foam wedged inside to hold the flowers and feathers in place. You can put large feathers in martini vaaes but as you say, this means they will be visible through the glass unless you buy opaque glass vases. They also spread out a lot more in a martini vase because of the shape so they would need to be large, deep V martini vases. By making them in ceramic vases, you will bring the cost down considerably. These were our daughters:-

You could secure a small cube of oasis into the throat of the martini vase with oasis fix which is like very strong plastasine then arrange your feathers and then cover the oasis with coloured gravel or beads which would give a better coverage than the sand. Hope that helps.

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

Here's how we had ours:

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics