Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner September 2017

matching bridesmaids and flower girls

ElmoPoppySukiCat, 2 of June of 2016 at 09:05 Posted on Planning 0

Hi, I'm planning on having my sister, sister-in-law to be and best friend as bridesmaids, and 3 younger family members as flower girls. My bridesmaids are all different shapes and sizes and the flower girls range from 3-8 year old. I was thinking of going for a themed colour and letting the grown ups choose their own style in the same colour, and looking for white dresses with a matching sash around the middle for the little ones. I can see it in my head how it will work but the challenge is going to be matching the older ones with the kids colour-wise... can anyone suggest places to look? I'm not wanting to spend tons of £s!

Thanks!

• S
    Beginner December 2015
    SunnyPinkConfetti310 ·
    • Hide content

I had 3 BMs and a flower girl. The flower girl had a cream dress with a sash the same colour as the older girls' dresses.

I bought the flower girl's dress in the Monsoon sale (£27!) and it had a pink sash. I took a bridesmaid's dress to a fabric shop, found a satin in roughly the same colour, bought a length of it and took the dress and the fabric to a seamstress who replaced the sash. Not sure what it cost as she also did all the alterations - but it was £90 for 4 x dress alterations and replacing the sash, so it can't have cost much.

Its a good idea going for a themed colour and letting the BMs pick styles - but you'll appreciate you will likely need to order from a bridal boutique for this to work - which may be outside the budget you had in mind - unless other Hitchers have another idea :-)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics