Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner September 2013

maternity bridesmaid dresses.

carrieh, 17 March, 2013 at 06:35 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hi all, this is my first post.

I'm going to have a 7 month pregnant bridesmaid and was wondering if anyone had come across any nice maternity bridesmaid dresses? I want her to feel beautiful and would like something that maybe the other 2 bridesmaid could wear or be very similar to so she feels like she fits in with the others. We have'nt chosen any bridesmaid dresses yet. My colour scheme is sage green but have been thinking maybe a nice grey with a sage sash to help widen the search. Any ideas or advice is very much appreciated.

Thank you

2 replies

Latest activity by smudge1234, 17 March, 2013 at 09:35
  • *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Hi and welcome to hitched.

i think in this case you are going to need to start with the upduffed bm and work backwards. Find a dress for her and then try and match the other two who presumably will be easier to find for. Have you looked at Hugh street stores with maternity ranges?

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

BHS does a twist & wrap dress which can be fashioned into many different styles. You could have the same colour dress, but in differnt styles to suit each BM- including the pregnant one. No sage or grey colour though!

http://www.bhs.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CatalogNavigationSearchResultCmd?catalogId=34096&viewAllFlag=false&langId=-1&categoryId=525496&interstitial=true&storeId=13077

Monsoon have a 'diana' dress. It has an empire line & looks very roomy at the front. Not sure if its an option?

http://uk.monsoon.co.uk/uk/wedding-boutique/bridesmaids-dresses?colour=Green&colour=Silver

TK Maxx could but another option.

Welcome to hitched also. Its very addictive, so be warned!

• S
    Beginner May 2014
    smudge1234 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

i am also new to hitched!

I am looking at the twobirds dresses for my bridesmaids. One of my bridesmaids is pregnant now (although wont be for the wedding) and they work as maternity dresses too. They are a little pricey (£215-£250) but you don't need to have any alterations done. I think bhs do some wrap dresses that are a lot cheaper (about £80 I think) but they have a much smaller range of colours.

I've heard some people criticising them for not offering enough coverage, but you can get a bandeau in the same material to wear with the dress. My bridesmaid are all size 8-12 and I think they are supposed to be more flattering for smaller sizes.

I've found the bridesmaid dresses to be the hardest thing to try and sort out, so good luck!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics