Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner

Mauritius Wedding but which hotel....?

bubblesgh1981, 15 of July of 2009 at 10:04 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 8

Hi All,

We have decided to get married in Mauritius but cannot decide on the hotel - has anyone got married out there or booked to get married? We have been advised to book a Beachcomber Hotel and like the look of Shandrani but also like the look of Le Victoria and Paradis.....we want All Inclusive does anyone have any info on these hotels?

8 replies

Latest activity by Charisma85, 14 of January of 2014 at 21:35
  • B
    Beginner September 2010
    bubblydebs ·
    • Hide content

Hi Bubblesgh,

We just booked our wedding at Le Victoria 2 weeks ago. We were trying to decide between Le Victoria and Shandrani but we have decided to get married at Le Victoria, stay there for 7 nights and then we are having our honeymoon in Shandrani for 12 nights. This way we get the best of both and can afford to go for 3 weeks, we could not afford 3 weeks at just Shandrani alone. Both hotels look amazing but what put us off Shandrani is that they charge you £90 per guest for them to come to your wedding, this means they are all inclusive for the day though. They do not charge for guests at Le Victoria, we will just pay for a meal for everyone and pay to have some wine on the table.

I see your post was a while ago now, are you any closer to making a decision? If you have any questions then just ask, I have done quite a lot of research on Mauritius.

bubblydebs

• B
    Beginner March 2010
    brigette ·
    • Hide content

Hi Bubblesgh1981.

We're getting married in Mauritius in March 2010 and are having about 60 guests joining us from the UK and South Africa, so we chose the Le Meridien Ile Maurice for our wedding and reception. Definately be careful of some of the 5 star hotels as they charge about 100 Euros per person to attend your wedding if they arent staying in the hotel.

If you are having a big guestlist, you can always have the actual wedding at a 4 star hotel, then honeymoon at one of the luxury resorts afterwards - which is what we're doing

Ive looked at so many hotels and done quite abit of research about the island so if you need any more info just let me know

• S
    Beginner January 2020
    sandygorman@hotmail.co.uk ·
    • Hide content

Hi Everyone, We have booked with Beachcombers for our May 2010 Wedding. All Inclusive, Wedding and Honeymoon included in the price. We chose the Le Mauricia. We arn't having any guests so we dont have to worry about extra charges, but I am in contact with a lovely lady called pat Avery at Beachcombers and she has been a great help. I hope this is of help to you.

• T
    Beginner May 2009
    tjelley ·
    • Hide content

Hi there

We got married at The Shandrani Hotel which was absolutely amazing! They were so helpful and really made our day extra special. We also booked through Beachcomber Tours who I can not praise enough for their expertise on Mauritius and their helpfulness. Beachcomber have 8 hotels in Mauritius so it may be worth having a look at their website which is www.beachcombertours.co.uk.

• S
    Beginner August 2010
    sue04lee ·
    • Hide content

Hi Bubblesgh1981,

Not sure how much help this is going to be as your post was a while ago. We have recently booked through beachcomber and are staying at Le Canonnier. I spent about 4/5 months looking at various hotels and we finally settled on this one as we got quite a good deal.
    One of the reasons we went with this hotel is that it is on the west coast and has the sunsets, our wedding is going to be late afternoon so the pictures will be nice with a beautiful sunset behind us.
    Have you booked yet?

Sue

• H
    Beginner
    Haysoontobesmith ·
    • Hide content

Hi Brigette

Can I ask, did you book this through an agent or wedding co-ordinator or did you do it all yourself? I am just trying decided the best and most cost effective way of booking my wedding.

Many Thanks

Ceri

• N
    Beginner September 2010
    Nicky17 ·
    • Hide content

Hello 1. Consider Last-Minute Plans. Most couples plan their wedding a year in advance, but you can often get some great deals if you plan you wedding within six months or less. Many times hotels or other venues have openings they need to fill and will be more willing to work within your budget. 2. Plan a Winter Wedding. While everyone loves a June bride, having your wedding between January and March often means significant savings. “The spring and summer are the most popular times for weddings, so hotels and catering halls usually have more open dates in the winter and the month of November,” said Barreto. “Plus, they’re usually more open to making better deals for those months.” 3. Be Different. Couples who choose a less traditional day or time can bring the weddings costs down. The costs for afternoon weddings are usually less expensive than evening weddings. Also having your wedding on a Friday or Sunday instead of Saturday may decrease not only the reception costs but the entertainment and photographer costs as well. This way, you’re usually not competing with other events. 4. Go for Brunch. Celebrate your intimate wedding with a sophisticated brunch instead of dinner, and save on the cost of a five-hour event with three or four courses and an open bar. Brunches don’t last as long as dinners and people usually drink less. 5. Scale Back on the Guest List. You may not need to invite every neighbor on the block! If you both have large families, consider limiting the guest list to adult relatives and just a few close friends.

• C
    Beginner October 2014
    Charisma85 ·
    • Hide content

Hi all,

I'm getting married in Mauritius this year at the Shandrani hotel. I'm abit nervous as its booked for october and we still dont know any of the arrangements other than we are having a wedding at the hotel and the date. I'm abit disappointed to find that guests not staying at the hotel will have to pay an entry fee but its all booked now. Has anyone got any advice for me?

- An anxious bride2be!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics