Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Batfink
Beginner January 2008

Maxi dress to a wedding?

Batfink, 30 April, 2009 at 16:01

Posted on Off Topic Posts 40

Would this be considered OK by most brides do you think? I'm coveting this dress But wasn't sure if full length is acceptable to wear to weddings - WDYT? Also what colour accessories would you go for? Thank you for any advice!

Would this be considered OK by most brides do you think? I'm coveting this dress

But wasn't sure if full length is acceptable to wear to weddings - WDYT? Also what colour accessories would you go for?

Thank you for any advice!

40 replies

• NickJ
    Beginner
    NickJ ·
    • Hide content

?

that reminds me, i bought madam a coffee and walnut cake last week. she d had about 10 minutes of it and i ate the rest. last night she said "wheres the cake?" i said i d eaten it, to which she replied "you have eaten the WHOLE of that cake?!" so i said no, you had a bit ? and then i got chased around the island in the kitchen with her waving a ladle and trying to hit me with it ? i could barely get out of the way for laughing, made all the worse by her saying "I MEAN IT!" ?

• Mrs Magic
    Beginner May 2007
    Mrs Magic ·
    • Hide content

? That's hilarious Mrs Jess, is chocolate bunny eating a divorcible offence, I wonder?

The women at our wedding had either fascinators or hats, although I had to tell them all I didn't mind them taking them off, they really didn't have to wait until my mum took hers off at the meal. ? We had three hours between getting married and starting the meal, all very relaxed on a very sunny day so sitting around in a hat really wasnt ideal. The men let me down though, I only had two Scottish men there and neither wore a kilt. I was gutted I tell you, gutted! They both used the same excuse of not wanting to be the only one in a kilt. Pah! They were all smart though, well apart from an uncle-in-law who was dressed in a navy pinstriped suit, light pink shirt and a multi-shade pink tie... to match his wife's dress. ?

The American tourists who happened to be there were probably gutted, all the way to Scotland and managed to catch a wedding in a castle (just, I should add ?) in the Borders yet not one kilt. ? As I was walking across the courtyard from the suite to the chapel, I heard "oh my gosh, oh my gosh, there's a wedding, a real wedding!" in a really strong, excited American accent and it really made me smile. ?

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

Hello and welcome to hitched! Why on earth have you resurrected a post from 2009! Most of these people are no longer here!!!

• The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I should think that Smiling Sarah has some wares to sell!

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ooooh unsolicited advertising!!!! ummmmm.... I'm telling Sherrie!

Good thing I blanked out the web address then!!! ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics