Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lauren
Curious May 2022 Essex

May 2022 Brides?

Lauren, 2 of February of 2021 at 20:28 Posted on Planning 2 44
Sorry if there’s already a May 2022 group. I couldn’t see one! I’m getting married on 21st May 2022. I’m just being nosey and seeing if I have a wedding twin on here and how everybody is getting on with their planning? ☺️

44 replies

Latest activity by Hattie, 11 of May of 2021 at 13:02
  • MollyCassie
    Curious May 2022 Cardiff
    MollyCassie ·
    • Hide content
    Hi! We are getting married on 29th May 2022! Originally chose the Sunday as it was suppose to be a bank holiday but recently found out that they’ve moved it!! Slightly annoying but ohhh well ? Our plans are coming along nicely, I think we’ve got most of the main suppliers booked now ☺️ How about you?
  • Happypinkconfetti2338
    Savvy May 2022 West Midlands
    Happypinkconfetti2338 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Congratulations! I’ve gone for 29th May 2022 as well - chose it for exactly the same reason!! Bit annoying about the bank holiday, but it is what it is I suppose. I’m just excited to get married. When are you thinking of going dress shopping?
  • Lauren
    Curious May 2022 Essex
    Lauren ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I can't believe the bank holiday has been moved! I've just had to google it ?. You would have thought after everything we have been through, they would have just added an extra one! Yeah I'm the same, I got so carried away at the beginning that everything is pretty much booked. I'm just waiting to go dress shopping now. It's all very exciting. Are you planning a big wedding?

• Lauren
    Curious May 2022 Essex
    Lauren ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ahhhh you've found a wedding twin! It will be lovely to actually be able to get married. Have you thought anymore about dresses?

• Jade
    Dedicated May 2022 Essex
    Jade ·
    • Hide content
    Hi there! I’m getting married Thursday 26th May! We also picked due to bank holiday as we’re thinking of going on honeymoon the following week and thought it would mean booking less holiday at work! Oh well! We have booked our venue and caterers and currently looking at photographers! I have my name on the list with several wedding dress shops to make an appointment once they reopen! xx
  • MollyCassie
    Curious May 2022 Cardiff
    MollyCassie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aww congrats! Yes we can’t do anything about it but everyone should have plenty of time to book it off. I’m so excited too! I’ve gone back to uni this year and have spent far too many of my ‘contact’ hours doing wedding planning ?? I’m planning to start wedding dress shopping in May, how about you?
  • MollyCassie
    Curious May 2022 Cardiff
    MollyCassie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I know! I read about it in a Hitched article called ‘Days to avoid’ and was like nooooo ? I think they have added another for the Friday of that week, so moved the Monday one to the Thursday instead. I’m a teacher so won’t be in the whole week anyway as it’s half term ? Yes we are hoping to have 100 in the day and maybe 150 in the evening. Fingers crossed for no restrictions by then! ? How about you?
  • Happypinkconfetti2338
    Happypinkconfetti2338 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Sounds like you’ve been busy then! Have you got most things booked now? I’ve booked an appointment at a bridal shop for April - I’m just hoping they will be open by then and that I’ll be able to bring some people with me! I don’t really fancy going on my own, so fingers crossed ?
  • Happypinkconfetti2338
    Happypinkconfetti2338 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I know, I’m so excited for us all!
    I’ve looked at a few dresses online and booked a slot at a bridal shop for April (fingers crossed!). I just have no idea what I want though really, I think I’m going to have to try loads on. What are you thinking about dresses? Are you having a big wedding?
  • MollyCassie
    Curious May 2022 Cardiff
    MollyCassie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes I was thinking the same, could never go on my own! Hadn’t even thought of booking an appointment yet, maybe I should! So far we have booked the venue (with catering), registrar, photography, flowers, harpist, band, cake and hair & makeup. Had to get a lot of these booked as they were running out of dates! Especially hair & makeup, I had about 4 rejections before finding one who had my date! How far along the process are you?

• Lauren
    Curious May 2022 Essex
    Lauren ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We’ve just been having a discussion in the office about this ? my MD absolutely hates Bank Holidays and has told me I’ve ruined his day because there’s an extra one ? ahhh that’s nice to have the time off after the wedding too. I’m trying to figure out how much holiday I’m going to need to take for the wedding and the run up to it. We’re having very similar numbers to you. I do panic a little about the COVID situation.
  • Happypinkconfetti2338
    Happypinkconfetti2338 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The bridal shop I want to go to is quite popular I think, so I thought best to play it safe and book. I think there are quite a few weddings being planned at the moment (with everyone postponing!), and I didn’t want it to be fully booked.
    Wow! You’ve done loads Smiley smile I’ve booked the venue (also with catering), registrar, photographer, cake and venue stylist so far. I’m looking at transport and will probably book that soon. I haven’t booked a florist yet, but I don’t want loads of flowers (as I’ve got lots of other decor), so it’s just the main bouquets etc. Haven’t thought about hair and make up, although maybe I need to!!

Are you having quite a big wedding? I think mine is quite small. I’ve got 40 day guests and an additional 20 evening guests.
  • MollyCassie
    Curious May 2022 Cardiff
    MollyCassie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh no! ? Yes, I’m not going to be able to have any time off before really but at least getting married on the Sunday means I’ll have the Saturday for any last minute prep. Fingers crossed we can have our big weddings ?I don’t think it would be the same without all our family & friends there!

When are you planning to send out your 'Save the Dates'?

• MollyCassie
    Curious May 2022 Cardiff
    MollyCassie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s a nice number of guests then! Yes ours is quite big, 100 day and 150 evening (hopefully?)! It’s sounds like you’re very organised too ? Yes if I were you, I would start looking at hair & makeup just to put your mind at ease. Good point with the bridal shops, I’ll probably make an appointment a couple of months ahead just to be sure I’ll get one. I’ve just looked and most have waiting lists going.

When are you sending your save the dates? I don’t know when’s best to send them. It seems like so far away at the moment but want everyone to know well in advance...
  • Lauren
    Curious May 2022 Essex
    Lauren ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s very true and that’s such a good thing about getting married on a Sunday!! Most of the people coming to my wedding are family. Nik and I both come from huge families and had to make a hard decision to only invite our like 6 closest friends to the day and then the rest are coming in the evening. I couldn’t my family not being there!

So we’ve actually already sent out save the dates. We sent them about 2 weeks ago. We’ve had such nice responses with it and everybody saying it’s so nice to have so thing to look forward to!
    Have you had a look at honeymoons yet? We’re struggling with that.
  • Lauren
    Curious May 2022 Essex
    Lauren ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    ? congrats! I hadn’t thought of putting my name down for wedding dress shops! I have no idea what style I want. I may head to Wed2b first to try on different styles, if I don’t find anything there then look else where but hopefully have something more in mind!

How’s the hunt for a photographer going?
  • Lauren
    Curious May 2022 Essex
    Lauren ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s part of the fun of dress shopping surly, being able to try all the dresses on!?. I don’t know I’m half tempted to go on my own some days. I have 6 bridesmaids and my mum who are all going to be full of opinions and I’m not sure I can handle that ?. I have booked a shopping trip for the bridesmaids to try and find them dresses but I hate everything I’ve seen online, so we’re off for a weekend away to hunt some down in may hopefully?
  • Happypinkconfetti2338
    Happypinkconfetti2338 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    As ours is quite a small wedding, I don’t think we’re going to send save the dates. All of the guests are either close family or good friends, who already know the date of the wedding. It just seems like an extra cost for no reason for us really!
    If I was going to send them though, I probably would do so in the next couple of months or so. Especially with it being near half term - if people have school-age children, they might be thinking of going on holiday for that week. So I would send them sooner rather than later! Smiley smile
  • Happypinkconfetti2338
    Happypinkconfetti2338 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh dear haha ? Should be good fun though with all of your friends and your mum there - I can’t wait to go and try dresses on! I’m only having two bridesmaids (my twin sister and my other sister who is one year older!), so hopefully they won’t both have different opinions.
    Bridesmaid dress shopping sounds great, fingers crossed that you get to go! And hopefully everyone will find something that they like. Have you got a particular colour in mind for their dresses?
  • MollyCassie
    Curious May 2022 Cardiff
    MollyCassie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aww same! I think 80 out of the 100 day guests are family so really wouldn’t want to cut it down at all! Ooh ok, I think I’d better get on it then! No, we haven’t really had a good think about the honeymoon yet. We’d have to go during the summer holidays so it’s likely to be very expensive. I’d love to do something a bit different like go on safari but also want a romantic beach getaway type thing. We will probably wait a while before booking, until we know what the travel situation will be.
  • Lauren
    Curious May 2022 Essex
    Lauren ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    So my 3 sisters, my best friend and 2 of my nieces are my bridesmaids. Originally I was only going to have my sisters but my nieces have always want to be bridesmaids. It will be lovely hopefully if we get to go. I hope you get to visit the bridal shops when planned too. Do your sisters have similar taste to you?

I would really like sage green dresses but I think I’m going to struggle to find one style that will suit them all. I’ve said that the same colour and same material are fine if they want different styles. I quite like the look of that too. Mainly I just want them to feel comfortable. Have you thought about your bridesmaids dresses yet?
  • MollyCassie
    Curious May 2022 Cardiff
    MollyCassie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah that makes sense! I think I’m going to make them my next priority then ? I’m going to be making my own but then we are going to try and save money by using a wedding website instead of formal invitations.
  • Lauren
    Curious May 2022 Essex
    Lauren ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’ve been browsing honeymoons, I don’t know what to do about it. We have a tui voucher from last years holiday that we couldn’t go on so will probably try and use that. We just don’t know where to go. We’ve been quite spoilt and have already been to the Caribbean and the Maldives really do not appeal to us. We were meant to go to Sri Lanka last year but that didn’t happen and weather isn’t great in May. We have thought Greece. It’s somewhere we can always go back to and reminisce ?.

I struggled with when to send the save the dates. I know sending them this early goes against the normal wedding etiquette but I’d ordered them and my mum kindly bought stamps for Christmas present ? We did completely change our minds on the style we went for because we were sending them so early. We got the ones with fridge magnets on, I thought that that way they will stay on peoples fridges until the day.
  • MollyCassie
    Curious May 2022 Cardiff
    MollyCassie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Greece sounds like a lovely idea! It’s so hard to decide and especially hard at the moment with covid. My fiancé is set on doing something ‘different’ to the norm ? so trying to understand what he means! I don’t plan on booking anything just yet, but am enjoying the research for now!

I think it’s a good idea to send them early, I wouldn’t worry about the etiquette! I’m actually doing the fridge magnets too! I’ve made one so far out of fifty! ? Hopefully I can get them sent in the next few weeks.
  • Jade
    Dedicated May 2022 Essex
    Jade ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I started looking on websites and noticed a few had messages about waiting lists so decided to put my name down as I want to start looking ASAP! I am quite lucky that a few family members/ friends have let me try their dresses on so I have been able to het an idea of what I do/don’t like! xx
  • Happypinkconfetti2338
    Happypinkconfetti2338 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    How nice to include lots of your family - I’m sure your nieces will really appreciate being included and will take away some lovely memories of the day. My sisters kind of have similar taste - they both know the sort of thing I want and I trust them so much. Especially my older sister; she gives really good advice.

Yeah I think it’s quite common now to not have all the bridesmaids in identical dresses. I’ve said similar - different styles are absolutely fine. Most importantly I just want them to feel happy and comfortable. Sage green sounds really nice Smiley smile I think I will go for lilac depending on what they look like on!
  • Chloe08
    Beginner May 2022 Dumfries Galloway & Ayrshire
    Chloe08 ·
    • Hide content
    I'm getting married May 14th 2022! We are getting through our planning, we have most of the "big" things booked ?
  • Lauren
    Curious May 2022 Essex
    Lauren ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ahhh that’s so exciting congratulations ?. What sort of size wedding are you having?
  • Chloe08
    Beginner May 2022 Dumfries Galloway & Ayrshire
    Chloe08 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! Same to you ? We have 110 day guests then an additional 60 night guests. How about you?
  • Daisy
    Beginner May 2022 Rethimni
    Daisy ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married 28/5/22 in Crete! Annoyingly thought the bank holiday would help our guests save on annual leave but apparently they have moved it - I wonder why?!

• Lauren
    Curious May 2022 Essex
    Lauren ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh that sounds beautiful! We’re looking at Crete for our honeymoon! I think they’ve changed it for the queens jubilee. So instead of the Monday I think it’s now the the Friday after? Not sure on that though. Have you got many flying out for your wedding??
  • Trinity
    Beginner May 2022 West Sussex
    Trinity ·
    • Hide content

Me and my partner are getting married on 6th May

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics