Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

may wedding - is navy too dark?

31 January, 2011 at 10:11 Posted on Planning 0 17

Hello, I am getting married next may. Do you think navy is too dark? I can decide what colour to have! Thanks, Lynne

17 replies

Latest activity by eveywoo77, 1 February, 2011 at 18:43
  • judeclarke
    Beginner October 2011
    judeclarke ·
    • Hide content

YOU CAN HAVE WHATEVER YOU WANT!

Seriously, 'your day, you way' is the Hitched mantra. If you want navy have it. You can always brighten it up with some lighter highlights (cue Sherrie with fushcia bouquets and navy dresses!

• SamSam
    Beginner March 2011
    SamSam ·
    • Hide content

I'm a bridemaid in May and we're wearing navy with turquoise blue accents. It looks lovely, I think it's a really classy colour.

• Cheeky_pie
    Beginner August 2011
    Cheeky_pie ·
    • Hide content

I think you should have which ever colour u have ur heart set on!! I am being a bridesmaid for my friend in May and she is having black!!!

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Navy is a great colour to accesorise with. You can give it a more Spring/Summer scheme using a lighter accent colour. Here are some ideas:

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

This is not something I thought I'd ever say but, my goodness, how cool are those cucumber sarnies in the first mood board from Sherrie?!

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

My wedding is in May and our colours are midnight blue (pretty much navy) and silver accents. I've seen a goooorgeous dress for the BMs (so far one of them has said she really likes it but haven't heard back from the others yet) in Debenhams:

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_008010420647_-1?breadcrumb=Home~Women~Dresses

• May2be
    Beginner July 2011
    May2be ·
    • Hide content

I think Navy is a fab colour to have! I personally would lighten it slightly with another accent colour (I would probably go for pink) I am having cadbury purple for my July wedding and adding lime green ?

• ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Hide content

Nope,not too dark at all.

I'm having black. Have whatever colour you want, it's your day...

• L
    Lil'Guy Celebration Stationery ·
    • Hide content

Navy is beautiful and classic - matched with say ivory and/or silver would look stunning. Go for whatever you like, it's your day after all! If navy doesn't suit all your BMs you could mix the dresses and have some navy and some ivory.

Good luck!

Kim @ Lil'Guy Celebration Stationery

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

I love it, but then I would, I'm having navy in June!

I just think, it is such a classic, classy, elegant colour. It suits almost everyone, so you won't have to worry about your bridesmaids looking ill. It's a colour that will never date. So GO FOR IT!

• Lottie87
    Beginner
    Lottie87 ·
    • Hide content

We are having royal/sapphire blue theme for our wedding in August as blue is H2B's favourite colour and a sapphire is my birthstone. I have personally found it so easy to find things that colour so there should not be any worry there.

As everyone else has said it's your day! If you can't pick what you want on your wedding day then when can you?

• Liverbird
    Beginner August 2012
    Liverbird ·
    • Hide content

Agree with everyone else - have what YOU like! We are also having navy, with blush pink, for an August wedding.

• eveywoo77
    Beginner August 2011
    eveywoo77 ·
    • Hide content

Navy is beautiful but would advise not to have black suits you could always lift them with cerise pink flowers, shoes, or maybe a burnt orange a brightly coloured ribbon of some sort of flower corsarge and dont forget you can always match your shoes to you BM colours.

I have a light champagne dress purple BM and have teamed it up with baby pink crystal shoes (juno by kurt gieger) I love them cant wait to wear them as much as my dress.It also makes a statement when you lift your dress.

Hell girl its your day do it YOUR WAY !!!!!!!!!!!!

XXXXXXXXEVE XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

I agree on the black suits. We're having grey suits with black shirts and The Tie (which I shall flash for those who have forgotten, as if you could, lol) so the navy/midnight blue of the dresses will complement that...

• eveywoo77
    Beginner August 2011
    eveywoo77 ·
    • Hide content

Were having charcoal grey tails with white shirt grey/silver embroidered waistcoats and a normal tie. The boys should look spanking traditional witha modern twist.

xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics