Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner

MDF Numbers For Tables - Are They Ok?

MAG2FMC, 8 June, 2012 at 21:51 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi!

i was thinking of getting some MDF numbers and then painting them to use as my table numbers. Has anyone done this? My only concern is that they may not weigh enough and could easily be knocked over? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

3 replies

Latest activity by RebTheEck, 9 June, 2012 at 15:30
  • Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I had them next to my dance floor... they will be a much better weight than the paper ones you can get in Hobbycraft.

Just make sure you get the ones that are "freestanding"

• RebTheEck
    Beginner August 2013
    RebTheEck ·
    • Hide content

We have some sat drying in our garage as I speak/type!

Purchased from eBay and I think they are heavy enough to stay upright.

We have had to have a second attempt at painting them though. Bought some spray car paint in our colour (Cadbury Purple) but the edges are really porous so didn't come up very well.

We've then bought some car filler primer spray to prime but also fill the edges a bit. We've then bought some more spray (this time in silver) to spray them and they look good. Both bought from Halfords.

They should paint fine in emulsion but you might be better of giving them a coat in white first so your colour is more true.

• Tizzie
    Beginner June 2012
    Tizzie ·
    • Hide content

I have mdf letters for my card box and I painted them with my left over purple kitchen paint! Worked brilliantly too!!

They are thin so wouldn't stand upright but you can buy all thicknesses on eBay. You could also have some type of holder for them, so they could be any thickness and you wouldn't worry about them getting knocked over.

S x

• RebTheEck
    Beginner August 2013
    RebTheEck ·
    • Hide content

These are the ones we got, they are freestanding.

They've come up well with a spray of car filler primer then the colour.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180893023532?var=480146203027&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics