Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M

ME / Post Viral Fatigue Syndrome

MelsieBelle, 8 of January of 2009 at 17:16 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 6

Does anyone have any experience of ME or post viral fatigue syndrome?

I've been unwell for quite a while and the Dr seems to think this might be the reason.

Thanks x

6 replies

Latest activity by tea and toast, 8 of January of 2009 at 19:33
  • chuckie
    chuckie ·
    • Hide content

I have ME and was diagnosed with it about 14 months ago. It took me nearly 6 months to get a diagnosis and my initial symptoms were extreme tiredness and aching muscles all over but my blood results were all fine.

What would you like to know?

• M
    MelsieBelle ·
    • Hide content

That's my exact symptoms! Constantly tired and aching, feel like I've been beaten up!

I was worried I was just being lazy or imaging it.

Any tips on how to feel better? Are you on any meds?

• chuckie
    chuckie ·
    • Hide content

I'm not on any medication but I'm also not happy with the care I've had from my GP. I feel I've just been left with no support so after it all came to a head 2 weeks ago I have now joined a new surgery and seeing a new doctor on Monday. I have developed other problems since diagnosis but everyone is different.

Unfortunately it seems to be a case of what's available in your area as to what help you get offered. I have been referred to my local ME clinic and after waiting 12 months to be seen ? my appointment is in 2 weeks. The best advice is pacing yourself and on a good day, when you feel better, don't over do it. Initially I got as much sleep as I could and could easily sleep 10 hours a night. Now it's a bit hit and miss because of the ME but I don't over do it. Having said that I work part-time and have managed to keep studying at uni.

• T
    Beginner
    tea and toast ·
    • Hide content

Have any of you experienced a feeling like you're on a boat in rough seas and you constantly have to 'right' yourself to ensure you don't fall over? I've a small suspicion I might have post viral fatigue and this is something I've experienced a few times. I got up this morning and stumbled over because I was so wobbly. All day I've been wobbling about. Tried to ring the dr but couldn't get a hold of them (useless surgery!).

• T
    Beginner
    tea and toast ·
    • Hide content

Thanks jules, it's bizarre because I get it sometimes but it only lasts a day and then goes away. But comes back again, never feel sick with it. Thought it was strange the way it came back just a few days back to work. Really must get through to the doc.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics