Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Twigz22
Beginner July 2017

Meals / Feeding Celebrant-photographer etc

Twigz22, 13 of January of 2017 at 12:44 Posted on Planning 0 13

We are currently trying to arrange our seating plan and wondered whether you asked your humanist/priest as well as photographer & videographer to attend the meal?

I would think they would at least expect this but friends are saying they never invited theirs to eat.

Anyone feeling the same as me?

13 replies

Latest activity by Chapples, 17 of January of 2017 at 11:35
  • Mrs_Conduct
    Expert June 2017
    Mrs_Conduct ·
    • Hide content

We will be feeding our photographer but I don't think they'll be sat with us xx

• S
    Simply Ceremonies Uk ·
    • Hide content

I'm a celebrant not a guest. I will disappear once I've given you both a big hug and you head off for your champagne and photos.

I do not expect a full invitation or to be fed.....unless you're family ?

A photographer or DJ who is with you for hours deserves feeding....but not your celebrant....kind of you to think if us though X

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

As a photographer I prefer to take my own supplies, but then some photographers will have it written in their contract that you will have to feed them. It will usually be served in the bar or another area away from the wedding breakfast. Quite often though I will see the priest eating with the guests but usually only if it is the family Church and the priest is well known, they will also say grace and after the meal make their exit--- I've never seen a priest on the dance floor yet.

• S
    Beginner May 2017
    Slink ·
    • Hide content

We will be feeding our photographer and videographer but they'll be eating in the bar area rather than sat at a table with everyone else. I've asked for them to be fed first on the day so they can be all fed and ready to capture the speaches after they've eaten. They have a choice between our main meal options.

We don't have a celebrant. Our registrar will be out the door and on to the next wedding once we're wrapped up.

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is one of the main reasons that I prefer to take my own supplies because as a supplier you are always served last as they are concentrating on the wedding party, the supplier food varies from venue to venue from sandwiches to the same main meal as the wedding but only the main meal, very rarely will it be the same 3 course you are eating.

I like to get shots in between the courses as the bride and groom get up and mingle and visit the tables as there will be a good 10 mins as the last plates are cleared so there are some good shots to had here. The problem is when I get a supplier meal which will be after the everyone else is served by the time I get mine the bride and groom are on a walk about so I either have to scoff it or leave it - only to return after getting the walkabout shots to find it gone.

Other times I am told that there is food for me but the venue know nothing about it, I have to go finding the head server who is very busy at this time and doesn't appreciate the interruption who then gos to ask the bride and groom - all very embarrassing.

Other times there is no head server to be found so you have to ask another member of staff who disappears and that's that.

So for all of the above reasons I find it much better to take my own supplies and that way I am the one in control and I know I do have something. I also think that you are paying enough without having to pay for my dinner too.

• Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

Feeding the two photographers the Wedding Breakfast because we have to feed them and we really like our photographer lol

Our videographers and pianist are getting "venue meals" so they basically order from the bar and we pay for it up to £30 a head.

• L
    Beginner June 2017
    Lou37 ·
    • Hide content

I have not even thought about feeding photographer! I feel bad now

I've checked our contract and nothing mentioned about feeding them or not? How do I start that conversation with them?

• PadBin
    Rockstar July 2016
    PadBin ·
    • Hide content

We had booked our photographer for 4 hrs as we were on a small budget so he should of left just after our buffet was ready. Not only did my husband make sure he had a drink, coffee, sweets and dinner, he even made him up a packed lunch in a special cool bag for later. It's just how we are with people but he stayed an extra couple of hours (taking photos) free of charge and seemed to of really enjoyed him self.

• 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content

As our photographer will be there all day it is written into his contract that he would like to be fed- but we would have fed him anyway! Our videographer will be there all day too, and though it's not in his contract, we will offer him the same as the photographer is getting.

Our venue is quite used to feeding suppliers and has a separate room set up for them to eat in and offers them two courses- either starter and main or main and desert. The venue charges us £25 a head for this- our guests are £40 a head so I'm happy with that!

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow that is really nice ? I am the same as Bill where I take my own food so that I eat when I can and never miss any thing.

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

<Stops chomping on cheese>

......what?

• foreverthebridesmaid
    Beginner July 2017
    foreverthebridesmaid ·
    • Hide content

Hi, we've recently organised this with our photographer/videographer (doing both) I emailed them asking how they would prefer to eat/drink throughout the day, they have asked to have a bar meal, away from the wedding party so they have a chance to charge batteries/review footage. Ours are with us for 8 hours so we will be opening a tab almost behind the bar for food and drink! They were very appreciative we asked this, it was mentioned briefly in our initial consultations about them eating, but I had not thought about it before then!! Just email and ask their preferences!! Better to be prepared than a surprise on the day!!

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content

Our caterers offer supplier meals, so we'll order those for our tog & video guys, & then possibly for the DJ & his wife if they don't end up on the day list (they're my friend's parents & we know then quite well so may invite them to the whole thing, although I think they'd rather spend the afternoon setting up in the marquee by the sound of it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics