Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

flissy666

Medical peeps! Is my blood pressure too low, please?

flissy666, 12 June, 2009 at 16:28 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 9

I had my blood pressure taken yesterday, and it came out as 110/58. The nurse said that this could be a little low, so I would be grateful for any second opinions, and info about what this means, if anything. If it's useful info, I'm 29, 9 1/2st and 5'7".

Thank you ?

9 replies

Latest activity by monkey fingers, 12 June, 2009 at 18:36
  • emma numbers
    Beginner June 2008
    emma numbers ·
    • Hide content

Did you not ask the nurse?

• flissy666
    flissy666 ·
    • Hide content

Yes, she said it could be low, but I was being prepared for a procedure so didn't think to pursue it at that point ?

• M
    Beginner May 2003
    MiniMinx ·
    • Hide content

Mine is low, and always has been. I think the lowest mine has been recorded is 90/60. I have always been told it's low but nothing to worry about, just take care getting up quikly and in hot baths because of fainting. I've never fainted, btw.

They don't routinely treat low b/p in the UK. I wouldn't worry, far far better than being too high!

• Mrs Magic
    Beginner May 2007
    Mrs Magic ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

?

? flissy. How did it go lovely?

My BP is often low but I'm afraid I don't know what it tends to be, sorry. If you have a follow-up appt, hopefully you can get it done again and get an idea of your normal BP.

?

• emma numbers
    Beginner June 2008
    emma numbers ·
    • Hide content

I assumed it was just a check up. I wouldn't worry about it TBH.

My blood pressure ranges from low to average and the doctor/nurse has never seemed too bothered but I do have check ups every 1-2 months so I suppose it may be being monitored. I've never really thought about it as being a problem as the doctor would have said something if it were.

• flissy666
    flissy666 ·
    • Hide content

Magde, AAAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH, I am IMMUNE to sedative it seems! I pretty much choked but recovered fast enough to hoover up two full sandwiches Smiley laugh I feel okay now - just a bit tired - thank you for asking ?

I seem to recall that my BP has always run a little low (so this was not an unusual reading). It's strange, as I am permanently stressed, so by rights it should be sky high.

Minxy - oooh I *do* feel faint after a warm bath, but I always put this down to my dislike of turning the cold tap on and love of poaching oneself like a lobster!

• I love shoes
    Beginner July 2008
    I love shoes ·
    • Hide content

Mines always been about that low as well, not had many problems except I seem to go a bit dizzy occasionally and they had to monitor me carefully after surgery last year as it went sillyly low

• Diefenbaker
    Beginner September 2008
    Diefenbaker ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WSS, except mine is routinely 85/55 (there is a blood pressure monitor in work and i check it most weeks) and I have fainted, but only after giving blood and after operations. Apparently in other countries (such as Germany), they do treat low blood pressure but here I guess they're more concerned about it being high.

• Missus Jolly
    Beginner October 2004
    Missus Jolly ·
    • Hide content

I regularly go as low as 90/60 but I have an underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism) so apparently its almost to be expected. I don't often feel faint, but general anaesthetics can be a bit of a trial because of it.

• monkey fingers
    Beginner
    monkey fingers ·
    • Hide content

I have extremely low blood pressure.

i do get dizzy, but prefer it to be low than high.

The only time it is a problem and has been potentially dangerous is during and following surgery. the last time it was quite worrying as it dropped and would not come up and I was very out of it. It scares the doctors more than it does me though. It does annoy me when they have to do my stats every 15 minutes, but that is truely me being unreasonable!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics