Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kittyfuzz
Beginner September 2012

Medieval wedding dress

Kittyfuzz, 12 October, 2010 at 22:31 Posted on Planning 0 16

Am looking for a really nice medieval style wedding dress. Have found one here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400163277502

which I love and will be your BFF if someone can tell me the designer. This one is from China and I've heard lots of bad reports about the chinese sellers so I don;t think I'll be going for that particular one.

Does anyone have any suggestions for designers? I have searched the internet but only seem to be coming up with those horrible medieval dresses made from that crushed velvet stuff. Arrgh! It's doing my head in already!!!

Hugs

Rhian

16 replies

Latest activity by Kittyfuzz, 13 October, 2010 at 13:27
  • Kat44
    Beginner August 2011
    Kat44 ·
    • Hide content

I can't actually help you, sorry! But I just wanted to say that I think that dress is beautiful.

Hope you can find one ?

x

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

I think a dressmaker might be your best bet.....if you google celtic wedding dresses, for example, you get a good selection of sites to work through. I know someone who wore one at hers but had a friend make it.....

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

I have no idea myself but I've seen loads of dresses like this from brides on the Offbeat Bride forum. Have a look over there and see if someone can recommend a supplier. Good luck!

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

There was one on Wedding House (It was Tudor rather than Medieval tho) just wondering if it'd be on their website

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

Looking at the picture, the dress looks like a simple enough to find wedding dress, whats making this one appear medievial is the added sleeve which could easily be done in chiffon...

• Kittyfuzz
    Beginner September 2012
    Kittyfuzz ·
    • Hide content

Ooooh thanks for the tips - will have a look.

XXX❤️

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

for example, heres one frock, just to have imagine it with sleeves similar to the design of the dress you like.... plus dresses can have their bodices re-shaped too, if you want to change it to a sweet heart neckline or anything...

• Kittyfuzz
    Beginner September 2012
    Kittyfuzz ·
    • Hide content

I love that dress! I like the idea of getting it altered. It 's probably the best way for what I want. We're having a registrar marry us but then a handfasting in some woods afterwards so I kind of need the dress to fit both scenarios.

Thanks for all the help xxx

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

Fluted sleeve shrug, ideas for sleeves..... it can be done Smiley smile

just imagine it as only the sleeves and not the whole shrug...lol.

• videogal
    videogal ·
    • Hide content

Hi there

I love medieval dresses all styles little less gothic though. My wedding dress was made by a dress designer called Tania Potter. She has a bridal boutique called Temptations By Design in Ashbourne, Derbyshire. She does have a website but she can design and make anything and medieval dresses are her passion and has quite a selection on her website - mine wasn't medieval as such it had a little of contemporary and old in the style. My favourite one of hers is Georgina - stunning! She's not tacky at all nor does she use crushed velvet lol.

Her website may give you some ideas and its www.temptationsbydesign.com she has won awards etc and is a qualified dressmaker and designer (her certificates are up on the wall in her boutique). I did like the tudor dress worn by the bride in Wedding House. I'm going for a tudor themed birthday in a few years time and would like something similar!

Good luck xx

• Mynnie the Moocher
    Beginner May 2011
    Mynnie the Moocher ·
    • Hide content

There's an old Maggie Sottero style called Marion from about 2003 ish that is a very similar style. Plain, corset backed dress, with a small hip detail, beading around the strapless neckline and detachable chiffon floaty sleeves with the same detailing at the top of the sleeves as at the top of the dress. It is gorgeous (and I am very biased!). I did buy this dress (which is how I know so much about it!) but was unable to wear it in the end, so it is sitting upstairs waiting for me to do something with it. I'm happy to sell it, as I'd rather it 'had it's day' as it is such a lovely, romantic dress, but I *really* hope I'm not falling foul of the advertising rules by posting this. If you'd like to know more about it, feel free to email me. I won't be around for the next 2 days as I'm working funny shifts but will respond as soon as i can.

In the meantime, I'll see if I can find a piccie

• bygeorge
    bygeorge ·
    • Hide content

Nicki Hill has some medievil style dresses have a look at www.nickihill.co.uk

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

There's also Rivendell Bridal who have some fantastic elvish and medieval gowns. Are you having a medieval wedding?

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

I love all of these hope you find what you are looking for

• D
    Beginner November 2011
    DTTB ·
    • Hide content

My friend is selling one and its a proper wedding dress!!! i will phone her in a while and let u know if she still has it.

Sxx

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

There are some here & starting at £65!

https://www.thedarkangel.com/catalogue3.php?c=2

Love this one:

http://www.thedarkangel.co.uk/catalogue3.php?pic=3&p=406

• Kittyfuzz
    Beginner September 2012
    Kittyfuzz ·
    • Hide content

Wow thanks for all the replies and links - has put me on the right track now i think. Thanks guys xxx❤️

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics